01 Blaster changing to hydraulic brakes

BlasterSPL

Oct 4, 2008
Im new here and wanted to know if newer blaster hydro brakes will mount on my 2001 Blaster mainly the rear but possibly the front also if its not a pain to do or should I just sell it and get a newer Blaster...Just wish I would have gotten a new one but got a good deal on this one...Please help me out if possible..Thanks guys talk to you soon!! KurtB-)

welcome to the forum .. the fronts should bolt right on with no probs .. but the rears u will need to make a mount or get the 03+carer for the cailper to mount on .. and u would need to weld on a tab for the master cylinder /brake pedal..

I just got my rear hydraulic set-up bolted on last night, got it all bled out, stepped on the pedal and busted off the extension I welded on for the master cylinder, the weld was clearly not as strong as I thought.
Stupid laws of physics.
I will post some pics tonight.

Thanks Guys..Everyone on here has been a big help..FASTANDSTUPID post pics when you get it buttoned up..I really like to see it..Thanks again Kurt

hey i am doing this conversion myself....as far as i know the front brakes should bolt right up to a 2001....if you have an 88 like me you need to get different control arms with a threaded ball joint on the lower arms.