'01 banshee- a-arm or j-arm??

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
'01 banshee- a-arm or j-arm?? and will a complete front spindle, rotor and brake setup bolt right up to my blasty?? and would anything to be done to keep my existing rims??

Last edited:
an 01 is an a arm frame,The front spindles and brakes will work on a blaster,your blaster wheels are the same bolt pattern as the banshee fronts.The banshee spindles will give you more camber then the blaster spindles will

thanx ch.............................

The blaster upper ball joint is a pinch bolt style. The shee uses a castle nut style. the best thing to do is use 03+ blaster spindles(impossible to find for a reasonable price). Or use a set of A/M A-Arms. You can also mod the shee spindles, but I dont suggest it. Seems to weak to me, although I've heard of many people doing it without a problem. You have to drill and tap a couple holes in the spindle to line up with the groove in the ball joint. Then hold it in with set screws. I've also heard of people welding washers to the bottom of the ball joint once they put it through the spindle to hold it in place, but this could lead to other problems like melting the plastic cup in the ball joint and it could also make future removal very difficult.

no offence man...but why would you move to a banshee arms...isnt that like moving from sh*t to sh*t?? shouldnt you get some aftermarket a-arms...idk what the improvment is though...so idk

im not moving to banshee a-arms, just lookin at the spindles, rotors, calipers and hydro brakes on my a-arms, and the bros above answered my questions
thanx guys
so between possibly weakening them by boring and drilling for the pinch bolt, which if any one will break that - i will, i pound it hard, and the fact it will give me more castor, which could possibly cause my new rubber to wear funny, im leanin toward not doin it, i think i'll just save up for '03+ blaster stuff, no matter the price, i dont like my sh*t "rigged"

if you have aftermarket a arms the shee spindles will work, if not you have to build a mount for the brake caliper to mount to. you could however cut the mount off the shee spindle, weld it to the blaster spindle, then sell the cut shee spindles as drag spindles.

all of the above info is correct except for the fact that the shee spindles will work, they can, but its probly dangerous. try my suggestion. every thing else will work tho. and shees and blasters have the same bolt pattern front hubs.