YZF600r

Jradd127

Oct 6, 2013
NJ
Anyone know anything about a YZF600r? Looking at buying one, the bike is a 1996. Seller said his cousin had taken it apart & somehow he got it & never got around to putting it back together...it needs a "thrust block" and a choke cable according to him and he's asking $500 which isn't bad because it looks mostly together. I'm nervous about:

1. From what I hear these things have problems with 2nd gear
2. It's a 96, bit of an older bike but I see them on CL around me for a solid $2000 (I would but to rebuild & sell for profit)
3. A motorcycle can be a bit more work than a quad or dirt bike
4. I searched yzf600r thrust block on eBay & google with no results so I'm missing something

**It does have a title so I can get it registered & have it as a legal bike to ride which is important for motorcycles...let me know guys, thanks!

Closest thing I can find is a clutch thrust plate....when I asked the seller he said "From what I have been told it's little rubber triangles that go between hub and sprocket"

Not really sure where to go from here, shouldn't be an expensive or hard to find part if I can find an actual name on it

It would be the rubber dampeners that go between the hub and the clutch basket. There's also a thrust washer and swing arm thrust cover....Never heard of a thrust block when referring to a bike part.