yz400 swap

blasterRIDER017

Jul 19, 2013
Ohio
so i bought a yz400 engine ,supposedly a 1981 the other day. 200$ original rings and piston good comp. any thoughts on this swap? i know i gotta make engine mounts but idk what exactly im getting myself into.

the hardest part of any swap is the pipe, trying to use the pipe designed for that particular engine, yet fitting into the blaster frame

here ya go....yz400 in a blaster
IM000082.jpg

Reactions: Slydog
the hardest part of any swap is the pipe, trying to use the pipe designed for that particular engine, yet fitting into the blaster frame

here ya go....yz400 in a blaster Looks f'in sweet. i am in the the the middle of the same build and would love to pick your brain. like what setup did you use for throttle? your pic answered my air box question but pricy.
IM000082.jpg

What size carb? I'm putting a yz400 in my blaster two and I would love all the ideas and mods u had to make to make it fit!

That airbox isn't too pricey if you buy directly from CFM. I've also seen a couple used ones pop up on eBay recently. I know some have modified the Honda 250r boxes as well to fit, and they can be had for cheap.

Im new on this page i got me a blaster frame with a yz400 motor in it already bolted up. Just dont know how to put the pipe on just let me know plz thanks for ur time.

Im new on this page i got me a blaster frame with a yz400 motor in it already bolted up. Just dont know how to put the pipe on just let me know plz thanks for ur time.

it would be better if you started your own thread.
A: it doesn’t clog this thread.
B: it will make it easier to find if someone searches for similar topics. Start a thread, and I’ll answer

here ya go....yz400 in a blaster
IM000082.jpg
Im in the process of doing a yz400 swap into a blaster by chance do you have a picture of the mount you used to bolt the engine in?

How did you bolt yours on? in the process of installing mine and finding a bracket or mount that works.

Im in the process of doing a yz400 swap into a blaster by chance do you have a picture of the mount you used to bolt the engine in?

How did you bolt yours on? in the process of installing mine and finding a bracket or mount that works.

As AWK mentioned the pipe is the hardest part. You have to realize it’s custom fabricobbling at it’s finest.
Basically you either have to have a custom pipe made or you have to modify a stock pipe without changing lengths or shape. You have to use a full pie cut if you need to rotate it.
Search member “Best” he cut the pipe and installed a two piece bolt together flange to mount it.