yz 250 mikuni flat slide

DirtyBlasterd

Oct 14, 2011
northern michigan
i have an extra mikuni flatslide from my 89 yz 250 parts bike, i am unsure of the size or model, or if this was even the stock carb. the intake side is huge, and the outlet is at least 5 mm larger than the stock blasters. would this thing do any good on a stock blaster with an fmf header

Might be overkill without more mods. However, the price is right an even if it doesn't work well it might prompt you to do some mods to it :D I:I

JMHO, your results may and will vary.

If I'm not mistaken, that Mikuni TM carb has a 38mm bore. Try it if you want, but that's WAY too big of a carb for a stock Blaster engine with just a pipe. Your bottom end performance will suffer badly and it won't run well. That carb will work best on a fully-built 4mil, 240BBK Blaster engine.

The twist throttle will work fine as long as your TORS sytem has been removed and you are running the TORS eliminator carb cap.

Just be careful with a twist throttle....They are suicide on an ATV......

ok, thanks, that carb will definately have to wait, and i'll probably scrap the twist throttle idea too unless i get really bored this winter, those thumb throttles really bug my thumb after a while though

Just be careful with a twist throttle....They are suicide on an ATV......

In the eye of the beholder, I and my son use twisters for MX and it only takes a little education to realise the benefits.

They are the bees knees, when you get used to them.:):)