Your plastics

Corey

Oct 4, 2009
Lynnwood, WA
I'm having trouble deciding on how to cut my plastics... If you could post pics of your cut ones that would be great so I can get some ideas.

Phone010.jpg

1008091211-00.jpg

1008091220-00.jpg

i tried to set it a part from the rest with the 45's, just something little (pics before the 04 hood and tank)

probably a stupid question by me but what do you guys use to cut the fenders so good?

i used a jig saw and taped off my lines with electrical tape. but any tape would work, you could even try to draw the lines on.

1008091118-00.jpg

sc0r1a i'm going to cut my rears like that but i think i'm going to cut the fronts just ontop of where it goes vertical and then right on the bend for when it goes horizontal.

nice, post some pictures when your done!
edit: You dont have to do the same as mine, or 305's or YB's I just liked the way they looked, and tried to do something a little different. they're your plastics do whatever you think looks good.

Yeah i already had in mind that i was going to do something like that for my rears but now seeing what it looks like it makes me want to do it that much more. But with the fronts i'm just going to do what i feel i suppose. And i'll definatly post pictures when i'm done. They'll probably end up just looking like any ol banshee with the dune cut plastics haha.

haha good luck man
If you do any mud riding at all you'll be covered more than before, thats the one down side to the cut fenders.

And on my rears the left side hangs lower than the right that way you can still have both mounting bolts in, no one will really notice till you point it out. If you dont keep the left side mount it becomes more floppy. And the right side i cut right under it.
Let me know if you need anymore pics, i have plenty

Nah im strictly sand. Can you post pics of the what your talking about? just so i can see instead of read, its easier for me personally to process.

sorry it took me a minute to get back to you, i'm at work...

on this picture ignore the front but look at the back

1008091202-00.jpg

see how on the right side of the picture the back plastic hangs lower? thats b/c there is a mount bracket there, you can see the bolt an on the left side of the picture the mounting bracket is up a lot higher.
Thats b/c (and you can see on the picture before) Yamaha put all the safety stickers on that side.

So stock, the two sides are at different heights.