YoungGunsRacing

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
YoungGunsRacing offered some free porting for a blaster cylinder so I obliged. The cylinder I am sending is a complete stock 66mm cylinder and head from a completely stock blaster other than an Fmf exhaust and an outwears cover over the air box. I know exactly how this bike runs since its the Blaster most ridden while the other is under construction, therefore perfect for a before and after comparison. I just got the cylinder off and will be shipping it out by Monday. I will update as time goes.

I will post some before pics of the cyl when I get a chance.

Thanks again to YoungGunsRacing

I will also be sending in a stock cylinder that is at 66mm bore. I won't be sending in the head since I have the ability to cut my own heads. Jon said he would tell me how much to take off after the port work. I plan on running this cylinder on my personal bike which I ran a stock unported cylinder on for a while. I have already taken pics before the port work and will take after pics. My cylinder will be heading out to YoungGunRacing on monday also

Before port work pictures.
Screenshot_2015-01-31-08-46-56.png

Screenshot_2015-01-31-08-47-24.png

Screenshot_2015-01-31-08-47-41.png

Screenshot_2015-01-31-08-47-46.png

Thanks guys!! Great to see you're both as excited about this as I am - its always great to have feedback from guys who know exactly what they're talking about and know the feel of their bikes so well before the work is done. I will serve you both to the absolute best of my abilities and look forward to receiving your feedback.

Reactions: blasterdemon7
I think I could probably do that for you guys :) might be a bit shakey because it will likely be from my cell phone but quality should be very good nonetheless.

These are just a few pics of jus_me's cylinder I received and have been working on. I still have to finish out the exhaust port and clean up a few more things but it has been coming along very well. Hope you all.enjoy! :

20150205_180509.jpg

20150205_180438.jpg

20150205_180419.jpg

Reactions: blasterkid1998
Boysens will not net this particular cylinder much more usable power. Boysens really start to shine when they are used in more "aggressive" builds. They have to have considerable size as well to be noticeably effective. A few small drill holes will do no good. On a dyno we've ran banshee cylinders with and without them and the noted difference was minute (not even .5 hp) and less than a 1ft lb of torque gained. Some folks like to use them, some folks do not. If this customer had it set in his mind he HAD to have boysen ports - I would add them no problem.

Thanks m anm she should be done soon, then we can concentrate on the head and get you finished up :)

Jus_me's cylinder is finished. Theres still a little bit of factory powder in the transfers for some sections I couldnt show a ton of attention to - nontheless I am happy with it and confident in the performance it will bring. Now we will get the head re chambered and all sorted out and once thats taken care of we can ship it back to him.

20150206_104005.jpg

20150206_104036.jpg

20150206_104052.jpg

20150206_103929.jpg

Last edited:
In some off the wall news, my machinist up and decided he was finished with that line of work the other day and so now I will be sending the heads to be rechambered to Ken O'Connor whom I just got off the phone with and he is going to be kind enough to take care of that for us. This is a win-win for you folks. - I will cover shipping as this was NOT mentioned in the original promotion, you will still have to pay for the head work.

You dont HAVE to do anything different, to take advantage of the charge directly into your transfers I just work them a little differently. There will be no MAJOR difference between these two cylinders bud - I set your cylinder up to hit just as hard.

Every builder is different and you can start arguments over this stuff but anyhow here goes my two cents lol - boysen ports are almost one of those things that will add little to no effect (usable power) unless sizing is very large on a motor built for making large hp. We've done many tests on stock cylinders with and without them and if you are into the banshee world you can see how large you can make them in a stock cylinder vs how large they come in a CP cast cub cylinder. Tests have also been done with those ports cast shut and little to no effect was made. SO anyhow to conclude - do they put a charge directly into your transfer ports? - YES - but aside from that, nothing else comes from them. So properly setup transfer ports and tunnels will carry the charge (no matter where it comes from) and deliver it as such - boysen ports or not. So when doing an cylinder, it almost comes down to a means of personal preference. The only real gain I myself have noted (if any) was throttle response, and that was minimal.

ANYHOW, that being said lol

If you feel like your getting the short end because your cylinder doesnt have them - I will make some changes and get you some in there as well so all is well and fair. But in my opinion and with the way your cylinder is currently - they are not necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Herpderplol
Nice pics.
For me the biggest advantage to having boysen ports is looking in there and seeing them and thinking, OOooo baby its got boysen ports! lol ;)