YoungGunsRacing Shift Star

C-H55Blasty

Nov 24, 2014
YoungGunsRacing had recently offered up a free modded shift star that I was able to snatch up! As promised, here is a run down of what I think about the...

Product: Relatively simple mod where the peaks of the shift star are shaved down allowing you to shift easier. When it arrived in the mail you could tell that wasn't done with a table grinder! Equal amounts of metal were taken off each peak and the entire surface was clean, smooth, and even.

Performance: I've heard a lot of other people on here have this mod and they all are more than pleased with it. It does its job and makes it easier to shift through all gears. There was a very noticeable difference for me especially at lower speeds and how much easier it was to find neutral. Great simple mod in my opinion and its something anyone can do on their own if they are willing to try. (Even think there is a DIY on here somewhere for it too)

Company: It was great to deal with Jon from YGR. It was really nice of him to offer it up for free and he was always willing and trying to help out in whatever way possible and you could turn to him for whatever help you might need.

Thanks again YoungGunsRacing!!

EDIT: Although things went well for me, some other people are having bad experiences with YGR and not getting their parts back with YGR showing no initiative to solve the matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry's Shee
Nice write-up. :cool:
Don't know what his price is, but for those that don't have the ability, time, patience, or equipment to do it, this mod is well worth it.

The issue we had has been resolved - miscommunication spiraled out of control - I appreciate the review.

I think he had posted that you can either buy one or ship yours too him for $25

This is correct - send me your core and i will send you a modded star for $25. Or you can buy it outright no core for $35