yfz450?

May 12, 2010
wv
hey guys i sold some 400ex parts for 500 bucks, and now im trying to sell my bike. If my bike sells i will have enough for a good used carb yfz. Im getting one so i can start racing hare scrambles again. Just wondering what are some of the major mods you must do to one for hare scrambles. Im looking into buying ones that already have a pipe and stuff like that on them.

You will want to get the oil mod done because the rod bearing failures are very common and almost expected on the earlier YFZ's. I would honestly recommend a TRX450R. I've owned both of them and the TRX is easier to work on, MUCH cheaper, and much more reliable. I've been riding mine hard for months and have not had one problem yet. It's SO easy to work on it's unbelievable. I can have my motor out in 20 minutes on the TRX. It took me well over 2 hours to get the YFZ out. I would definately get a TRX.

I'd do:

Oil mod
Cam mod
Zip-tie mod.......use siezing wire, not a zip-tie
FCI intake
Foam dual-stage filter
Pipe
Jetting
Steering stabilizer
Shocks
Tires
Route the two breather hoses coming out of the top of the carb to the airbox if you're gonna be dealing with water
Tokyo Mods throttle spring
New clutch & springs
New chain & sprockets

I'd do:

Oil mod
Cam mod
Zip-tie mod.......use siezing wire, not a zip-tie
FCI intake
Foam dual-stage filter
Pipe
Jetting
Steering stabilizer
Shocks
Tires
Route the two breather hoses coming out of the top of the carb to the airbox if you're gonna be dealing with water
Tokyo Mods throttle spring
New clutch & springs
New chain & sprockets

thanks!15151515