Yfz or 660 shocks on alba arms?

blasterbrian

Mar 17, 2016
Can i put yfz shocks on alba arms i seen people do ut on stock length arms before n raises about 2 inch , these are not stock arms just stock travel

Iv never been a fan of yfz shocks. You have to make sure they bolt in without compressing the shock. You don't want to put extra stress on the ball joints.

Ive seen people run the all over here , i would be concerned about the stock arms but with the albas there has gotta be more room to play with shocks because the bal joints are camber adjustable

Im not sure how it would be pulling on the baljoints?

Shock pushes on lower A arm, arm pulls on spindle, spindle pulls on arm/joint.

Might not have been the best way to say it, simpler though. Better way to look at it is range of motion. The ball can pivot X-amount of degrees. When you reach that limit, the joint binds and tries to pull out of the socket.
This is why Heim joints are prefered for some applications because it has larger amount of movement before it binds.

Here is a member no longer on the forum I don't think but says yfzs fit these are standard travel a arms
Imo Iook great and I just bought a set of yfzs to run on my Alba's so only time will tell I guess

Attachments

• blaster017-1.jpg
    blaster017-1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 299
I put these yfzs shocks on, there off 2004 there was no extra force on anything the bolted right up arms sit a a slight angle