Yfz-450

SalM

Aug 1, 2011
Sup guys, as most of you know I got into a whole mix up on wether or not to get that banshee frame or not.

Well now I found a better deal! I've always been wanting to make a mx build for the track I wanted to do my blaster, but then bought a yfz 450 I was going to build this one, but I decided to leave this one all stock with a few minor little odds and ends here and there.

I found an 04' Yfz 450 Frame and Subframe with a pin straight stock steering stem for $200! And the best part is it has a clean and clear title. Is it worth it? I'm in a debate because I have people telling me doing a build is a waste of time and money, better of buying a good quad and leave it be... what do you guys think?

I would rather buy a quad all done than build from scratch. Its 3 times cheaper to buy something ready to rock than to build. Theres over 12 grand in mine and i could never afford doing that. Best to buy one done and make suttle improvements and ride. I must say i enjoy working on them too but that comes with a price. I will still build sh*t but from a money stand point buying one ready made is the cheapest route. Its all in what you enjoy and how fat that wallet is.

But it doesnt seem like it would take that much money!! The wallet really isnt that fat... I plan on doing this build over a 2-3 year span. Thing Is I LOVE working on these toys. I could stay in my garage all day! But idk... I know its a good deal. I have all the right tools and stuff now I'm just trying to figure out to bit the bullet or not.

Yes I would buy the frame and start building. There are so many possibilities with that frame it's insane. You could let it alone with a YFZ motor which would be fine, or you could throw something like a Banshee motor or a Quadzilla motor in there. There are so many aftermarkets for the YFZ chassis the possibilities are endless.

It costs alot of money for good parts and to go fast and that money you will never get back. Suspension and motor goodies dont come cheap. Yes you can build on a budget but you get what you pay for its all choices you make.

While that is true I already know the direction I plan on going with this bike and all its going to be full mx... BUT with this project I plan on building is going to be over a big time span and I dont need to buy everything new. I'll pick things up when I find them on sale or used for a really good deal you know?

I'd definitly go for it, you could definitly have a basic Banshee motor'd 450 hybrid for under 2k if you wait it out for some good deals.

Thats the thing go I already have my yfz and a raptor 660... I have quads to ride in the mean time... Thats why I want to make a mx build so i can take it to the track... I think its worth the $200...

YFZ - Banshee Conversion Forum - Banshee HQ Forums Look around here for some ideas I:I

You are planning the oppisite of a part out. You will have 3-4 time what it's worth when you're done. Buy a roller/blown one. Then you can off the pieces you don't need, such as a arms, motor pieces if you do a hybred. Then you have everything you need to start with.

JMHO, your results may, and will vary. :D

I'm still debating cause I found 3 amazing deals in my area. The yfz, a banshee and quadzilla roller for $500!