Yamaha Warrior 350 issue

So I finally had some time to actually look and work on the quad. First I pulled the plug. Wasn't dark black but had some whitish tint to it. Lean ? Cleaned up and grounded the reverse ground. And park brake looks to be ok. So I'm going to give it a tad more gas as I think it's running lean. Correct me if I'm wrong. I will also at some point look at the jet.

If the jet was whitish you need a bigger jet. "Giving it more gas" (assuming you mean using the throttle) will just open the slide and lean it out.

The spark plug was white. Not the jet. Haven't opened carb yet. And when I mean more gas I'm talking air fuel mixture. Rich it up a tad.

So I finally had some time to actually look and work on the quad. First I pulled the plug. Wasn't dark black but had some whitish tint to it. Lean ? Cleaned up and grounded the reverse ground. And park brake looks to be ok. So I'm going to give it a tad more gas as I think it's running lean. Correct me if I'm wrong. I will also at some point look at the jet.

If you refer to altering the idle mixture you will upset the settings above it.

Check out that jet now.

My manual is saying #145 main jet. pilot #42.5 pilot screw 1 1/4 turns out. valve seat 2.5 float height 12.4 mm

45 pilot and 147.5 main for jetting. 150 main if you run an open air box. Have you looked at the accelerator pump yet?