Yamaha Warrior 350 issue

BGATZ

Jun 29, 2011
CT
bought a used warrior for 600 on craigslist when i got it, would only run on choke and constantly had to give it gas to run. only mods are fmf mega bomb pipe stock header and a moose filter. brought it to my mechanic. he did a complete carb rebuild and adjusted everything float level jets, etc. idles great. so i live in ct and it snowed tuesday took it out for the first ride. at 2/8 to 3/8 throttle is fine but after that it starts to bog huge power loss the parking brake is deleted as well this is what i think on the air box there is 4 drilled holes to let more air in i feel the quad isn't getting enough air. when idling i can rev it to the limiter but under a load it bogs let me know what you guys think

do these older warriors have the reverse rev limiter switch as the new raptors do ?
my buddies 700 was acting similar to what your explaining, it was a faulty reverse switch located on the engine right above the shifter, pulling that wire and grounding it to the frame cured it, but also allows you to go full throttle in reverse :eek:

My reverse is the handle on the right side near the header. I'll take a look around it and see if I can ground it.

if I'm cruising though it doesn't bog once i get on it, it starts to bog ill try to get a video tomorrow

You need to see what jetting you have in there. Then research jetting on that bike. Just because a shop jetted it for you doesn't mean it's right. Did the shop change the jetting? If they did, did it have any effect on how the motor runs?

check the accel pump, take the float bowl off, and there should be a copper plunger, take it out, its probably gummed up, and take apart a clicker pen and use the spring from that, from what your describing your accel plunger isnt working and under a quick load, your bogging from lack of instant shot of fuel

from what i have read on other forums it sound like a rev limiter they said on the reverse lever there is a ground if its not grounded properly it won't rev while under load i trust my mechanic pretty sure he has the carb correct but I'm still going to check that spring and i have to investigate about the parking brake from what i can see there is no sensor on the clutch like a blaster would have and on the rear brake there is no wire like a blaster

I'm pretty good with blaster and 2 strokes but 4 strokes is a new area for me

if it has an accelerator pump, it may not be working correctly. the diaphragm maybe damaged or faulty in some way. may even have a plugged orifice in there a well.

could be a float issue as well. the bowl can be getting sucked dry faster than it can be filled at full throttle runs.

there should be a screw with a wire on it on the reverse lever, mine was missing when i got it, there is a green wire that runs to it, if you can find that wire you can just ground it with a jumper to test if that is the issue. but i bet accel pump plunger

I'll bet wasnt rejetted for muffler, air filter, and holes in box.
Slap some duct tape on the holes, see if it improves. Then while riding when it gets to the bog, pull choke halfway, see if it improves.

See what main/pilot is in now and find out what is stock.

Many of you need to re-read his original post, he had carb cleaned, etc. Unless his mechanic is a tool, all that should be good.

mechanic said he jetted it there is nothing in the exhaust either basically straight piped no baffle or anything

what doesn't make sense is it idles perfect when in neutral and sitting you can rev the piss out of it and no bog delay or anything perfect response if you roll on the throttle hard it is like something is limiting it. this leads me to believe it is a wiring issue i haven't had time with work and school to take stuff apart my plan is first to check the parking brake wiring and reverse ground i will then take a look at the carb again and get some numbers on the jet

Man, they sure are proud of #43
Might be some kind of check valve.
I know it's not critical to running, as I "found" mine just chillin when I was doing some work on it. Now I know where it goes.