Yamaha bring back the YFZ

iirc the 2009 model yfz was $8k. he just said this one is $6799, so they knocked over a grand off the msrp, so i give yamaha props for that. its still a steep price considering you can get one used for a fraction of that, but it may convince alot more people to buy one. i would if i could afford it lol

Still kinda expensive, but its nice to see the base-model YFZ come back.

Somebody needs to take one of these, sell off the 4-stroke engine, and swap in a Banshee powerplant... Maybe a 421 Cub...Then go racing with the YFZ frame's much-improved suspension and kick every 4-stroke's ass from coast to coast. Hint, hint, hint... ;)

the difference was when yamaha dropped their original base model YFZ they added in fuel injection on the yfz450r and yfz450x... now that they brought back the original base model, it is back to carburetion (costs less so that goes in part to the lower msrp) and they no longer tune the suspension for just trails or just track (also cheaper), they put the older plastic style on it. just a few differences in them but i'd say there is probably a few more differences to take down the msrp.

Still kinda expensive, but its nice to see the base-model YFZ come back.

Somebody needs to take one of these, sell off the 4-stroke engine, and swap in a Banshee powerplant... Maybe a 421 Cub...Then go racing with the YFZ frame's much-improved suspension and kick every 4-stroke's ass from coast to coast. Hint, hint, hint... ;)

its been done quite a few times actully

I actually think this is pretty awesome and at a way better price point. Better than just dropping the 450 as other makers have done.

damn, i don't think i'd get the base yfz now that i know they don't run fuel injection. that's lame as hell and the reason that i wanted either the X or R, but now i dunno. hell, i can't afford a beat down blaster right now though haha.

I believe they stopped producing it, they didn't stop selling it. The OEMs of quads were hit hard starting around 2008 when the economy took a sh*tz.
At anyrate this is good news go Yamaha!