Yamaha blaster won't start..

ok i have a stripped down blaster (no electric only headlight it on wben running and off when not running. also i mix fuel ) runs great but it wont start when i kick it but if i catch it in gear. it also starts up first kick the rest of the day after the bump start jst put in a new ngk plug seems to get fule compression is good and i would assume spark is good since it runs fine after bump start. idk sorry to jack your thread

Reactions: Cam defran
thats strange??have you done a leak down and compression test?also have you checked the kick start assembly and return spring?so it will start with a push but not kick start?

no havent done compression test but i dont think its an issue b cause once it srated the first time ti runs great and dont think its a kiker issu either cause after it started the first time i use the kick start the rest of the day

ok so sunday was going to take the kids ridin went through trying to bump start it. no go so i checked for spark and nothing so i figure its coil or cdi box now my question is first dose if matter what kind of coil it is as long as its 12v so for a test can it come from another bike. and how can i test the cdi? and what should it run for theese parts

ok so sunday was going to take the kids ridin went through trying to bump start it. no go so i checked for spark and nothing so i figure its coil or cdi box now my question is first dose if matter what kind of coil it is as long as its 12v so for a test can it come from another bike. and how can i test the cdi? and what should it run for theese parts

I can't say if you can use ANY coil but i know my 2008 rappy250 and the blaster use the same coil! Might just be a bad plug boot, do these checks to determine what the problem is! -

if it's an 88-02 start here-
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/ignition-troubleshooting-88-02-a-46159/

03+ start here-
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/ignition-troubleshooting-03-a-46160/

I can't say if you can use ANY coil but i know my 2008 rappy250 and the blaster use the same coil! Might just be a bad plug boot, do these checks to determine what the problem is! -

if it's an 88-02 start here-
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/ignition-troubleshooting-88-02-a-46159/

03+ start here-
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/ignition-troubleshooting-03-a-46160/

Wish I knew that before I bought a new coil had a raptor coil on it but thought it wouldn't work right lol

I just bought a 2005 blaster and after a full day of riding with no issues it died in the middle of my ride home, I down shifted before a turn and when I up shifted after the turn it bogged down and completely died. I checked for spark, which I have. Rebuilt the carb and made sure I'm getting fuel but still can't get it to start on good compression.. Any information will be much appreciated since I'm new to working on quads

I just bought a 2005 blaster and after a full day of riding with no issues it died in the middle of my ride home, I down shifted before a turn and when I up shifted after the turn it bogged down and completely died. I checked for spark, which I have. Rebuilt the carb and made sure I'm getting fuel but still can't get it to start on good compression.. Any information will be much appreciated since I'm new to working on quads

start a new thread....goto like general support then at top right it says post new thread:)
you will get better help

Reactions: Kantstopnj
Hi I have a 2005 yamaha blaster and when I was riding the bike never wanna start so I left it to cool down but still never wanna start and everything was on it sounded weird when I was pushing it even like the chain or something what do I do

Hey I know this forum is old, but Im gonna buy a blaster and the owners said it doesnt start because its been sitting a couple months, il probably do all, but out ofcleaning the carb changing the plug or putting in new fuel which would most likely get it to start?

It is far better to start your own thread.

Firstly any new acquisition of a 2 stroke , it is a good idea to do a leak test to see if the engine is airtight.

I need help my 1995 blaster won't start i can put gas in the head and kick it a few times and fire up but dies after a few mins not sure why i put three diffrent carbs on it and still the same thing can some one help me

ok i have a stripped down blaster (no electric only headlight it on wben running and off when not running. also i mix fuel ) runs great but it wont start when i kick it but if i catch it in gear. it also starts up first kick the rest of the day after the bump start jst put in a new ngk plug seems to get fule compression is good and i would assume spark is good since it runs fine after bump start. idk sorry to jack your thread
This sounds like the problem I had when I bought my used 2002 blaster.....it ended up being bad intake&gasket also bad reeds will cause the only starting when bump started