yamaha blaster ceased HELP!!

Oct 20, 2011
my blaster ran out of gear oil the whole bottom end is ceased, can i split the case and try and free it up and if i did would i need 2 replace the bearings?

Yes you should replace all the bearings in the case. Running the motor with out oil created alot of heat and you will probably be replacing more than just bearings.

again, the gear oil has nuthin to do with the crank, it is lubed by the fuel oil mix
pull the clutch cover first to inspect for seized parts, then pull the clutch plates and check that frees it up

do you see oil in the sight glass, below the brake side foot peg ???
or just pull the drain plug and see what comes out
the oil fill cap, being wet or dry, is not a good indication if the correct amount, or any fluid is in the gearbox

Last edited:
And what if there is no oil ? i was driving and heard a puff and the quad stopped, towed her in pulled the barrel of and tried to kick and the lever wont go dwn

are both skirts on the piston ???
they are known to break off, usually caused by over spec piston to wall clearence, then the busted skirt goes down into the bottom end and jam between the crank and case

i would also believe if it was run dry on gear oil, the clutch would start slipping noticeably

only one way to tell, pull the clucth cover and get us pics, may have to pull the clutch discs too ???

If the box ran out of oil and it was run for a long time the prognosis is not good, there are a few bearings in the box that like a little bit of oil on them.

Ill get u pictures, and if so could i replace the bearings, might just give the engine a full rebuild to know what i have because i want to race the bike in march.

And if the clutch is burnt out will the engine go through gears and will that stop the engine turning over, when it stopped the backk wheels locked up until i put it out oof gear, and if i put it in gear and try to bump it skids.