Yamaha 1999 Blaster No idle

Delano

Feb 8, 2011
Africa;Namibia;Rehoboth
Yamaha Blaster 200 cc, She won't idle at all. Performance wize she is a bit lazy as well. I removed the machine cleaned her up a bit. Did no adjustments to the carb or machine. Only adjusted chain slack. I replaced the piston few months back.. she was idling fine then.

If i'm not mistaken the only place i see the problem could be is at the carb but where...Oh i'm not pre-mixing and i'm running Bore stroke 4 pipe

Also if possible how to i determine if my jets are standard. It i did buy it second hand "obvious"

Any ideas on how i can speed her up a bit ... I am currently driving i few meters behind a 350 Banshee..If possible i want to drive next to him

Well first thing you need is a manual! I'm not familiar with a bore stroke 4 pipe. Stock jetting is 230 main, 32.5 pilot, and j22 needle with the clip in the middle. Have you tried to sdjust the idle? Do you still have the TORS on it? Your going to have to provide a little more information.

If the pipe you mentiom is an aftermarket performance pipe, you prolly should be running a bigger main jet.

With a 2 stroke there are a few things that must be done to keep the motor healthy.

Compression test, leak down test, plug chops to make sure the jetting is correct.

Do a leak down test now, this could find the idle problem as you may be sucking air causing a lean mixture.

"WifesBlaster" I have got a Yamaha Manual. I have tried to adjust the idle but to know success. The choke has got no effect either. I removed the Tors without the kit clipping wires method. That was about a year ago.

"Blaaster" The leak down test i will definitively give a shot.

The thing is i removed the engine and carb as per manual. Cleaned up a bit mud and stuff
put everything back together, started on first kick but she just wont idle.

Yes exactly ...I have to play with the throttle in order for her to stay alive.
During gear changes she is fine, no high revs she runs normal....it is only when she is neutral she dies instantly no backfiring or choking sounds she just dies straight. It is exactly the same as hitting the red kill switch. "Just switched off"

fixed, idle screw warned out ...stripped wire

ThX

Attachments

• Untitleppd.jpg
    Untitleppd.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 247
Pretty please could you not post pics of riding without the prescribed riding protection, eg: helmet.

We need to show a good example to our younger members.

Many thanks.

Maybe Awk can fix the pic for you.