XC Tires

06twostroker

Jun 14, 2012
breck county, kentucky
I need new tires horribly bad. My choices, (goverened by budget), are GBC X-Rex, Sedona Bazooka, Kenda Klaw, CST Ambush. Im leaning toward GBC or Sedona because they are cheap and I could afford a new clutch as well as new tires. I want 20-11-9 rears and 22 inch fronts. Its for a 400EX but I figured it wouldnt make any difference in the tire section. lol

check around ebay for the STI Tech 4 XC 6 ply's, they were $30 cheaper than the gbc's ..all 4 for $259 shipped ??

i running the GBC x-rex all around on my 400ex- couldn't be happier- don't recommend 22" xrex fronts though- literally... they look like balloons.

a set could be found for 240 a while back but i paid around 260 local.

I was looking at the sti tech 4's mx tire but then quadrider10 pointed out the reviews- said knobs were falling off in months :(

idk :-/

i really like my x-rex's for XC stuff.

I:I:D

03-kristen-atwell-yamaha-yfz450-atv-holeshot.jpg

lot o people using them now

I got hole shots and kenda klaws but the Kenda's were 6ply and felt to heavy for me so I got hole shots , but I also have turf tammers and defeintately like the turf tammers and the hole shots better than the Kenda's

I like the look of the xrex the best. How well do they hold up? Can you slide the rear end around at will? I like sliding around lol.

Yea- i slide around a lot- just keep them tires spinnin'. no probs

shouldn't be a problem for your bike I:I

Plunty of bite for hillclimbs- mud- anythin the trails have to offer...

I've had mine for a while now- lasting pretty good. I really like them

Thanks for your help. Although I like Xrex better, I got Sedona. Mainly because I got a better deal; $237 for all 4 plus free shipping. Also because I have past experience with them. The only concern I had with them before were they werent completely square shaped they looked kinda balloon like on an 8 inch wheel. These are 9s and they look just like holeshots. The front tires dont have as much meat as I would hope but they are definately better than my old slick holeshots. The fronts were only $48 bucks a piece!