Wr/DT swap, Wiring /electrical question.

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
In order to do a Wr or Dt swap. Do you need the wiring from them or will the Blaster wiring work? What all from the Wr/Dt wiring would I need if anything? I am pretty limited on my electrical ability :(..

I remember seeing about the DT with the power valve, you need to have the servo that runs the PV, the wiring for it, and also do a DC conversion w/ battery to run it.
I'd say easiest way is to have the whole DT harness

Yes, I also remember about the power valve and battery. Would I need the cdi also?

Macdizzy did the DT swap, the WR is actually a very different motor. Bore is 66.8mm, casings are different as well (WR intake into casings). DT had a battery while the WR did not. They do share a crank and other internals though. It all depends on what motor Jus Me chooses to use.

Looks like this Wr deal is happening. :D. Just waiting on the seller to post the invoice tmrw..

I have been trying to do a DT or Wr deal forever but all the previous prices have been crazy. I don't want to jinx things,, but it finally looks like this one is going to happen. Harness,cdi, pv, all electrical, and of course the complete motor.

I also do have a new un installed +4 Hotrods crank.. +4 in a Wr motor possible ?? Hmm... :confused:

I know this was along time ago but you don't need the harness or electrical for a Dt200 swap, I'm using a Dt200/Dt180/ rd135 magnetron ignition with a mobile cdi with a built in coil for my Dt200 swap, I bought a machanical powervalve from Brazil and they work great, no servo, no controller, no battery, I have the harness though, 2 servos, 2 complete engines, a 1TG head, 4 Dt200 cdi,s, and a bunch of other Dt200 parts, I'm using the complete motor in my Blaster, I like the taller gears with a 12tooth sprocket and 18 inch rear tires, I might go back to electronic servo someday maybe