Won't Start :(

Johnny Valiant

Dec 24, 2018
Hello people recently i bought a 1993 Yamaha blaster for 300 and the engine was rebuilt because the old owner was gonna get rid of it because it didn't run until he discovered the reed was broken and when i picked her up he gave me a bunch of stuff the old piston 2 sets of tires and a little bit of extras so the Yamaha has a tors delete on it and when i brought it home the next day i went outside and something was wrong and i opened the gas cap and it smelt like straight gasoline and i drained it and it filled a whole 2 liter bottle of straight gas and thank god that day i bought 2 quarts of Yamalube a 8 extra spark plugs and i changed the plug in it which was a junk cheap plug so i put a fresh NGK and after the 2nd kick she fired right up and she would run only when you finger was on the throttle but after awhile the yamaha would stay idling on her own after the mix was in it and then one night it idled for awhile with a brand new carb and a fresh plug and then she shut off and that was it after that the Yamaha never wants to start i changed the plug and recently the coil because i thought maybe that's what's wrong but unfortunately that wasn't it but the coil is an old yamaha one and so is the CDI box IDK what's going on it's got fuel and compression and spark but the spark looks kinda week can someone help me or show me pics of what the spark should look like when you trying to kick start it thanks.

Ease up on the shotgun parts replacement appeoaap. There could be a problem with the different part. Plus you might replace a good part.

Ohm the coil and cap separate. Values are in the manual. 5k for the cap. Trim 1/4" off wire , install cap. Clean ground wires.