wont start after rebuild

npan1029

Feb 15, 2010
Central Jersey
so after taking my whole quad apart and rebuilding the top end and all that stuff, it wont start. it sounds like it wants to start but it just wont kick over. i think it might be electrical but i dont know how because i hooked up everything the same way it was before. i just got it ported and im running no air box lid with a uni filter, 30mm mikuni carb with a 320 main jet in it. i think it will be rich, but i dont know because i never ran this setup before. even if it was a little rich wouldnt it still start? if i lower the main jet do you think it will start up?

how were the reeds? what year is the bike? is the tors completely gone? dry the plug or put in a fresh one, and give it another try.

how were the reeds? what year is the bike? is the tors completely gone? dry the plug or put in a fresh one, and give it another try.

the reeds looked good to me. i thought it was an 01 but found out its a 2000. the kid said the tors was gone but the tors brain was still connected. i unplugged it but then after it wouldnt start i tried plugging it back in and still wouldnt start. should i leave it unplugged? i dried off the plug and it still wont start. im sitting here dripping sweat cause i tried so many times lol

search around and completely get rid of the tors

ok im going to try that. just cut the wires for the tors? and what if that doesnt work? any suggestions? i really dont feel like taking the carb off if i dont have to. it will start even if its pretty rich right?

so i decided to try running the old air filter which is a uni pod connected to a velocity stack. it started up but reved really really high like full throttle so i killed it. it looks like the slide in the carb is only 3/4 of the way down. is it supposed to go all the way down? i cant get it to go down more

so yeah i figured out that the cable i got is too short or something because it pulls the slide up in the carb when its attached. i dont know what to do now. i guess order another cable? but it seems like the spring is just too long too. any suggestions?