Won’t idle or drive

dylan black

Mar 27, 2020
So I bought a 95 blaster said it had carb issues, I took the harness off for the TORS system etc, at first I couldn’t start it without choke and I couldn’t barely push the throttle without bogging, took it of etc but didn’t look dirty, put it on and sometimes can rev it up sometimes I can’t, I took the jets out and they’re perfect like can see straight through them it won’t idle and sometimes won’t start without choke sometimes it will and sometimes I can keep it running with throttle and sometimes it just dies eventually. Please give advice

So I bought a 95 blaster said it had carb issues, I took the harness off for the TORS system etc, at first I couldn’t start it without choke and I couldn’t barely push the throttle without bogging, took it of etc but didn’t look dirty, put it on and sometimes can rev it up sometimes I can’t, I took the jets out and they’re perfect like can see straight through them it won’t idle and sometimes won’t start without choke sometimes it will and sometimes I can keep it running with throttle and sometimes it just dies eventually. Please give advice
Did you blow thru all orifices on carb.air mixture screw about 1 1/2 turns out from seated position. Are you using the oil injection or mixing your own gas at 32:1. When carb is off take a peak at the reeds. Float height? You could also have a Air leak. A bog can be caused by an excessive lean or rich condition. How's plug look? You have any new plugs?

Reactions: Awk08
If mixing your own .is the orifice on kicker side of carb blocked off where oil injection line would go?

Reactions: Awk08
Did you blow thru all orifices on carb.air mixture screw about 1 1/2 turns out from seated position. Are you using the oil injection or mixing your own gas at 32:1. When carb is off take a peak at the reeds. Float height? You could also have a Air leak. A bog can be caused by an excessive lean or rich condition. How's plug look? You have any new plugs?
I haven’t looked at reeeds yet, was going to today and I have the needle right in the middle of the five grooves and yes it’s 1 1/2 screws out and I do mix gas 32:1 will let you know how the reeds look whne I pull them off