Wobble In Rear Axle

DeJay126

Apr 7, 2012
Leechburg, PA
www.facebook.com
I bought an extended axle off of Yamaha28, installed it last week, and have been riding it since. I've noticed that when I get up around 4th gear and let off the gas the rear tires bounce around a little. It's pretty noticeable. It's only when I let off the gas, when I'm hitting the gas it runs normal. What could this be? I checked the hubs and carrier for play and there isn't any. I adjusted the chain tensioners because I thought I may have put them on a little bit off. I can't figure it out. Anybody have any ideas?

I checked the bolts and bearings already, they're fine. When I got rid of the old axle, I couldn't get one of the hubs off of my rim, so I used an old rim. Would a bent rim cause this to happen?

I checked the bolts and bearings already, they're fine. When I got rid of the old axle, I couldn't get one of the hubs off of my rim, so I used an old rim. Would a bent rim cause this to happen?

i have a set of douglas blue labels on the rear of mine. the left rim has a very slight tweak and it Does cause it to wiggle a little under power... check with another rim and see what happens.

Sounds like possibly cocked carrier. Loosen the piviot bolts, and adjust the chain tensioners evenly so you have i want to say 1/2" play? Can't remember I have it written at home on the workbench! Then tighten the top piviot bolt snug, then the bottom snug then torque them to spec, i like to use locktight on them. If they back out , YIKES!

I'm going to Cedar Point that weekend. I'm gonna go out right now and check if it's the rims. I put one of the rear rims on that you gave me. I'm thinking that might be it. Do you know if either of those rears were bent that you gave me?

I don't believe they are bent at all!

I'll make a new video tomorrow then. I'll have it posted around 6 or 7 EST.

it sure would help! sometimes the tire sets on the rim a little off so it causes it to wobble, or some crap or dirt is on the hub where the wheel mounts throwing it off just a bit. its hard to see in the video if the rim/axle is moving or the tire... maybe someone has better eyes that can see that. next time, perhaps like a foot closer would help too. just the tire, axle and hub...