Wiseco oversize piston

T7561

Feb 9, 2021
Hello. New to owning a blaster also new to forums. I’m from the UK and I’ve noticed it is much harder to get parts for Blasters. I would like to do an engine rebuild for piece of mind but I would like to use the wiseco oversize piston. I know I will need to get the cylinder bored but is there anything else I need to take into consideration? For example does the con rod need changing or any other components ? It’s a 2004
TIA

New wristpin bearing.
As far as the rod and crank. First do a visual inspection. Blueing or discoloration at big or small ends.
Then check for any up and down play on rod
At acouple different positions. Check big end rod side clearance between rod and thrust washers with a feeler gauge under .030" you should be ok. But look it up for all your clearancing specs.
Gaskets with reed gaskets

New wristpin bearing.
As far as the rod and crank. First do a visual inspection. Blueing or discoloration at big or small ends.
Then check for any up and down play on rod
At acouple different positions. Check big end rod side clearance between rod and thrust washers with a feeler gauge under .030" you should be ok. But look it up for all your clearancing specs.
Gaskets with reed gaskets
Thanks for the reply mate. What do I need to do extra to actually make it gain power... I see vitos do a a big bore Kit... if I upgrade piston size to 67mm get my head port and polished and then my carb rejetted will I notice some small power gains ?

Porting the cylinder and having the head mod done will give you a good increase in power. Almost double with a good pipe
And a good port job of course.
Correct jetting is a must for power gains also

What is your current bore now?
The big bore is ok. But it is not all that unless it is ported. I think a good ported stock cylinder will drive around a none ported big bore.

Porting the cylinder and having the head mod done will give you a good increase in power. Almost double with a good pipe
And a good port job of course.
Correct jetting is a must for power gains also
By head mod. You don’t mean the mod Ken does do you ? I was simply gonna get
The head polished and a bigger piston as it’s the fastest cheapest option

What is your current bore now?
The big bore is ok. But it is not all that unless it is ported. I think a good ported stock cylinder will drive around a none ported big bore.
I believe current is standard 66mm. But I have got to check so I was going to go 67mm with a nice port and polish and a rejet. Currently running pro circuit exhaust, boysen dual reeds and a uni twin air filter

By head mod. You don’t mean the mod Ken does do you ? I was simply gonna get
The head polished and a bigger piston as it’s the fastest cheapest option
Yes. Head mod like ken occoner racing does

It rechambers the combustion chamber to a way more efficient design.

Also i would not bore the cylinder more than you have to too clean it up. Waste of life on cylinder. For a basically none noticeable gain