Windrock

blowncash

Jun 27, 2011
We just got back from Coal creek in Oliver Springs. We spent 3 days riding. All 5 of us had a great time. (Me,Wife and 3 Kids) Its a long drive for us(10hrs)but we love TN. and plan on retiring there some day.As for the trails,things need improving. The trails themselves are not bad,however there are 72000 acres and the mapping and trail marking is something to be desired.Keep in mind that this is are first time out there,and the map and and trail ratings are a little foggy in my opinion.The gravel trails are accurate however the trails marked moderate are not so moderate,some of them were right on but others are difficult for sure.After talking with locals who ride we had a plan. However them plans didnt work out cuz either the 5 of us missed the crossing trails or we went the wrong way. We had a great time and plan to go back. But we will have a better plan next time. I think if you are familiar with the place everything would make more sense.But as noobies on our own it was a little tough.

It was great we proberly got about 17hrs of riding in the three days! Awesome for the middle of winter.