wider rear end with 300EX hubs

davenichole

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
I have some Honda 300EX hubs that were just laying around and a blaster axle laying there, too. Just for the heck of it, I tried the 300EX hub on the Blaster axle. It fits. As you can see in the picture, they would space your wheels out quite a bit further. There are some aftermarket Blaster hubs on ebay that do the same thing but they are really expensive. like $170 compared to used 300EX hubs for about $40 on up. There are some things to note though. The hubs do fit somewhat tighter onto the Blaster splines(but that's good though, right?) Also, when using the washer behind the nut, the nut doesn't go on all the way. Leaving the washer off, the nut threads on all the way but looks like it should go on a little more to get the cotter pin in. I really think one could just turn that part of the hub down in a lathe some and you could easily solve that problem. And lastly, the bolt pattern is wider so you would have to use Honda rims.
P08-30-14_16.16.jpg

/\ True, that. One end of the Blaster axle still has the Blaster hub stuck on it. I'm still trying to get that off with damaging anything.

Get that washer back in there, a little bit of slop on the spline and the hub and the nut will slowly but surely shear that cotter pin off?

The washers job is a buffer to stop the nut from full contact with the hub!