Widening steel rims?

Show me where you're getting wider ATV tires to fit the stock 8" rims ? Or 9" for that matter ?

I'm pretty sure every available size tire has been used successfully on the rims available.

Last edited:
Reactions: KalgoorlieGreg
Dumb idea! Welding going to make heat and warpage not going to stay true. Your going to be going down the trail with a wobbly wheel! Probably not going to be able to easily find tires for a odd size. The add heat from welding may weaken the rim. Your weld wont brake the rim right buy the weld will brake.

Dumb idea! Welding going to make heat and warpage not going to stay true. Your going to be going down the trail with a wobbly wheel! Probably not going to be able to easily find tires for a odd size. The add heat from welding may weaken the rim. Your weld wont brake the rim right buy the weld will brake.
Yes, added stress concentration at the points right around your weld will weaken the rim. I also like how bronco mentioned that it will not be perfectly aligned. No matter how close you try to get it, it will not be properly aligned anymore. Also, if you try to play with the offset then you are adding more stress to a rim that is already going to be weakened by your new weld.

Not worth it

Reactions: 79 bronco