Who Has YFZ's?

York Racing

Apr 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hey guys I'm just wondering how many people on here have YFZ450's. I have a 2005 YFZ with Stage 3 Hot Cams, a Hot Rod's Stroker Crank, Wiseco 12.5:1 Piston, Pro Armor bumper and nerfs, Tusk Offroad parking brake block off, Cyrca bark busters, Pro Taper bars, Maxxis Razr's, all around QuadBoss bearings, rebuilt shocks, and some other little mods. I love it and it might just be my favorite quad I've every owned. So if you have one, post some pics and the mods!

YFZ450R006.jpg

YFZ450R005.jpg

YFZ450R003.jpg

My "custom" Red Bull Racing shocks. lol
YFZ450R018.jpg

YFZ450R017.jpg

race quad i sold from the first 5 gnccs,gtthunder arms,hls,hmf.

Attachments

• Photo1121.jpg
    Photo1121.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Photo0920.jpg
    Photo0920.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 208
Yea,, I Bet that baby is real fast with no chain on it? Why would you start a for sale thread and then a while later say you would never trade or sell it??? Sometimes i wonder about needless postings???

I was thinking about it but when I took it to the track I fell in lub. lol And yes as a matter of fact it is fast and the chain was off because I was changing sprockets and the chain. Just in the mood to rant on other peoples quads or id it your time of the month?

nice quad! I like the four stroke power and it looks like that has a LOT of it lol

Oh yeah they do. You have to go really high in the gear to get to it though. These engines rev to 11.5K so the power is way up unless you cam it down.

I picked up a 2005 last year......I fugn love it. It came w/ upgraded airbox intake & dual stage foam airfilters, no airbox lid, jetted (170 main 45 pilot), slip on FMF pipe, case saver, and nice protaper bars with Oury pillow tops. This is what it looked like when I got it:

rtksya.jpg

I added skid plates to the swinger, belly and A arms, along with an AC Racing front bumper & rear cooler rack, and a seat cover. Went through the carb, did the zip-tie and throttle spring mods.....and I swapped out the A/F jet for a flexjet while I was there. Also just did the oiling mod last weekend to include the higher volume oil-pump, and a few months back I added a switch to allow for manually kicking on the radiator fan.

Planning on getting the CCP stabilizer in the next few weeks, figure out what cams I have, upgrade my rims, get some new rear tires, get a new chain & rear sprocket, and either upgrade my stock shocks or just rebuild them.....haven't decided. Also just bought the Tusk clutch and HD springs.

I'll provide an updated pic in a couple weeks when it's all back together.

put a 50 pilot and 50 leak jet in it as well

It's already got the 50 leak jet and it runs perfect with the 45 pilot. I've got a new 48 pilot, but again, it ran great with the 45 so I left as is.

fyi - Everything I've read says to go down to the 35 leak jet.

Last edited:
Nice quad. Are you racing MX? If not, I would say just rebuild stockies.

Thanks dude. Naw....just playing around in the desert. I'm gonna work with the preload, rebound and dampening to see if I notice a difference. if I can't get the fronts to ride as nice as the Works shocks I got on my blaster, then I'll have to make my decision which way to go. It'll likely cost me around $700 to get all three stockers rebuilt with shipping and I've seen some nice deals on elkas etc for not much more than that pop up from time to time. So we'll see what happens.