which is the best for trails?

Make sure there are no tranny problems with the 660's 2nd gear is known to be bad, especially in the 01 models. But most say if you get 02 or newer your good to go.

You should get used to the pulling the front end up power and be able to use the power to your advantage after a lil riding. But after riding a 2 stroke then getting on a high powered 4 poke, there alot jumpier.

Last edited:
Funny you use the term "scared". Cuz my one son and my wife used that exact term after riding the 660. "Its scary fast" And it does lift the wheels with little or no effert!

I have a 01 660 and its my favorite bike. Very powerful engine for sure. If your looking at getting one try to look for one that has an exhaust and intake already installed. A full exhaust with a good intake adds almost 20hp to the rappy. But it come at a cost. I paid almost 500 for the upgrade.

I have a 01 660 and its my favorite bike. Very powerful engine for sure. If your looking at getting one try to look for one that has an exhaust and intake already installed. A full exhaust with a good intake adds almost 20hp to the rappy. But it come at a cost. I paid almost 500 for the upgrade.

20hp, really? also the 01 raptor is the worse.
128969223840747629.jpg

20hp from a pipe and intake? LOL you alright bro? I have a full Yoshimura Pipe spark arrestor out and running it with no intake lid... no WAY your getting 20 hp even with a full intake kit.

lmfao.... piped bike with intake. 660+20hp.. that was a good laugh...
next thing your going to say is what? you can hit 100mph too...

go for a 700 for gods sake and dont look back... you will benefit from it in every way possible over any of the bikes mentioned if you dont plan on droping some coin..

and this is coming from a banshee rider.... banshee are great but take too much $$ to make it trail worthy or worthy at all to ride really...

Honestly now that I think about start looking into 700's also... They're less top heavy and might start considering picking up one my self to try fuel injection... The 700 just looks f*ckinnnn awesomeeeeeeee!

Blaster would be #1 for me in tight trails. My YFZ is much bigger and heavier than my Blaster and I understand the 660 and 700 are even bigger than the YFZ's. I can, however, still wip the YFZ around pretty good........so have you considered a YFZ?

yea i acually have, but i didnt get the 660, and after i took it riding in the tight trails that i have i think im going to keep my blaster.

Also those dyno charts are for a completely stock bike. So going from 35 HP stock and adding a full exhaust system with proper jetting gives you almost 49 HP. Thats a 14 HP gain alone. Add a better intake system (not just a filter) and you will be at your 20 gain. These two mods are very simple. And too add 20 HP without tearing the engine apart is impressive (IE cams, boring, port work, etc).

yea i acually have, but i didnt get the 660, and after i took it riding in the tight trails that i have i think im going to keep my blaster.

Right on, man. You can't go wrong with a light & nimble blaster for tight trails.

Have you looked at Yamahas New 2012 or 2011 i forget YFZ450X? They are made just for the trails. i would go test ride one. supposed to be amazing on the trails.

Ok, I'm bias maybe but I'm gonna say Warrior. Very manageable power, especially bottom end torque, a lil longer than a Blaster is & a shade wider to boot but it's not too wide, I think if you're a woods trail rider then there is a such thing as being to wide for that environment. The Warrior is heavy enough that it pushes over young trees with no problem. To me it's the ultimate "Trail" machine. I think some of the others are just powerful muscle type machines, although I Will own a 700R one day.

I loved my warrior! Perfect trail machine for me, although the rappy 350 might be a little newer design. Warrior is cheaper though.

Yup, Raptor 350 offers more modern racer friendly economics & about 4hp over a stock Warrior. For me, I'll take my Warrior, I like it 10x better than the new Rap 350, my machine just has a much better feel to it.