When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lookin good James! but where did you get that sweet ass seat cover?? :eek: did that new alky needle work out for you?

i like it and cant wait to see it first hand in a week man

Lookin good ... I'll send ya a Blasterforum sticker to match your tether if ya get that carb close in just a couple runs ... :) ... hope ya do though
Good Luck & rep for your effort !

Lookin good ... I'll send ya a Blasterforum sticker to match your tether if ya get that carb close in just a couple runs ... :) ... hope ya do though
Good Luck & rep for your effort !

I'll take ya up on one of those BF stickers ;) even if I don't get it tuned in in a couple of runs! LOL!

It looks the part in my opinion.

Now comes the test, I've got jetting and gearing to do "on the fly" down at Busco on the 21st. Thankfully I'll have some BF members there to lend a hand if needed so I'm hopeful!

i have a bunch of rear sprockets if you need to try some. if i was you i would try running it on friday just to get an idea of what its goin to do before you do the tnt on sat. that way you can get your bar and paddles on without being in a rush. i forgot if you had a overide or not?

It lived! One of 4 passes I made "diddling":

It was NOT right :D but I ran it anyway. It ran decent until about 3/4 of the way down the track and then just withered down both of the "decent" runs.

The guy in the close lane was running some sort of streetbike swap in a warrior frame. I didn't recognize the motor (suzuki air/oil cooled inline 4) but it ran well enough.

Unfortunately, the 12 year old kid who was running the tower couldn't seem to get his act together and get bike numbers on the tickets!!!!!!!! I got NO time slips at all from TNT on Saturday. I know it was "off the mark" anyway but it would have been fun to know how far off the mark I was.

Anyway, the sun went down Saturday and it looked like this:

DSCF1075_zpsdacab899.jpg

Nothing actually wrong with that motor just tore it down for inspection (and giggles).

I think freek identified one small issue..... (pics to follow later today) The smaller reed pedal on the CR125 reeds I used was stuck open 1/4" top and bottom! I'm going to source single pedal reeds for this reed cage.

Anyway, onto the next adventure. I have another cylinder sitting on the shelf I got from blasterfreek last year. I'm going to build that cylinder to replace the one I'm running with a more reasonable amount of timing (TBD) and continue to deck it until I hit my goal for squish and compression.

I'll continue to update and post pics as I work!

Last edited by a moderator:
that warrior could of been a katana or bandit cause i have a katana 600 banshee swap and looking for a bandit 1200 bandits are just air cooled / oil cooled hayabusas and a little less horse power but my dad has a bandit drag bike on nitrous its crazy fast

Whatever it was, it has side draft carbs (older style) not downdraft so it was an older bike motor. He didn't get off the line well at all but once he was rolling, he was hauling (typical street bike swap fashion)

sounds really old cause my katana is an 87 i think and it has down draft carbs but they changed very little since the first year the bandit is identical to the katana just a little bit taller like a 1/4 of an inch

Civic, if you watch the vid in large screen and use a stop watch to time when you first move, to the place where you cross the finish line ( I'm thinking it's the three drums) you'll be within a couple of tenths of a second. Try it. It's fun. I know what I got. What do you have? Hell, let's all try it.

Civic, if you watch the vid in large screen and use a stop watch to time when you first move, to the place where you cross the finish line ( I'm thinking it's the three drums) you'll be within a couple of tenths of a second. Try it. It's fun. I know what I got. What do you have? Hell, let's all try it.

The finish line was before the three drums. You can't see from the vid, but I was actually there.... ;)

Sorry I missed it. How far before the drums was it? I'll try it again.

It wasn't that far. Only a hole in the guardrail.

Take your eyes off the stopwatch for a minute and watch the video. Halfway down the track the blue coming out of the silencer stops and there are two more "puffs" at the end. It was loading up really bad and I was off the throttle.

I SAID I was having problems.... I meant it!

Enough bickering everyone. It's not helping a thing.

Dually, I asked you nicely not to come back onto my thread and harass me about anything anymore. It was clearly stated in the chatbox, PM's (not between you and I mind you), and in this thread after other comments of yours were deleted. I'll ask one more time for you to please, kindly, not come back on my thread (unless it's constructive of course!)

I posted the video on youtube. I posted it in this thread. This project has come a long way in a relatively short period of time (mind you, I had no drag experience at all prior to this and started it for giggles) and will continue on. I have another donor cylinder sitting on the shelf right now just "begging for mods" as we speak. I'm going to get it setup and do some MORE testing this fall and next spring. It will return to the strip as a homebrew "mofo" and hopefully, continue to improve.

I've learned TONS in the past year and continue to learn each time I take it out. That's what this entire thing was about anyway, not about how much money I could shell out to "buy" a fast quad but what I could learn and innovate to build a fast quad.

Status
Not open for further replies.