What size jet should i run and where should my needle clip be

Blastermit

Mar 13, 2019
i have a stock oem mikuni carb with the tors ontop i have it unplugged but it runs like sh*t it recently started leaking gas the float must be dirty and im pretty sure the clip on the needle is in the wrong position i was wondering if i should try to fix and get tors elimination kit or buy a new carb and if so any ideas something with an oil inject

stick with the stock carb
Tors delete kit with idle screw, properly clean it, clean float valve seat with tooth paste n Q-tip, replace float needle if rubber is worn or torn
set float height.
the carb section here has great DIY threads on all of that.

Tors delete kit with idle screw, properly clean it, clean float valve seat with tooth paste n Q-tip, replace float needle if rubber is worn or torn
set float height.
What does jet should i use for the cold and warm weather and also what should the clip on the the needle be set at

needle on the middle clip for most blasters unless using a DMC pipe, I hear it likes the clip dropped 1 slot.

need current temps, elevation and all modifications to suggest a jetting range of jets to use for plug chops ....
https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/
I bought a new carb and whats a good jet to run in 70-80 plus weather and 30 and below weather and should i run the clip on the needle in the middle or the second from top im running with no air box lid stock headpipe and unkown aftermarket exhaust pipe

I have 1989 yamaha blaster with aftermarket mikuni carb, stock headpipe,aftermarket exhaust, bored .2 over, oil injected and no air box lid what jet size should i run

set float height.
Cleaned the carb good set the clip from the second one at top and would barely run and high rev if started i ordered a new carb and and throttle cable

Cleaned the carb good set the clip from the second one at top and would barely run and high rev if started i ordered a new carb and and throttle cable

middle clip position is 3rd down from top.
where's the airscrew set ?
a new carb rarely has the jetting needed for blasters

oil injection still used ?

or injection nipple on carb blocked off for premix ?
full

I have oil inject i got the quad running it has stock headpipe and aftermarket pipe and no airboxlid what size main jet should i be running its back firing alot and occasionally high revs

Last edited:
I have oil inject i got the quad running it has stock headpipe and aftermarket pipe and no airboxlid what size main jet should i be running its back firing alot and occasionally high revs

in the 240 - 250 - 260 range
start with the largest and plug chop down, look in the carb section for plug chop info

Reactions: Blastermit
in the 240 - 250 - 260 range
start with the largest and plug chop down, look in the carb section for plug chop info
I started with a size 300 jet it will bog and back fire not as bad as before just when i open it up all the way i also have an aftermarket airfilter like a k&n not like the stock foam with cage and its bored .2 over with a wiesco piston and with boyesen power reeds

Last edited: