What kinda paint for frame

you dont need hi temp paint on the frame. but you can use almost any kind of rattle can. just make sure you clean the frame good (strip off all old paint) sand it down good (you dont want slickly smooth, but you dont want rough) use a good primer, then paint it with whatever.
it is all in the prep work.
but i know rustoleum primer would be a good bet.

i used primer and regular spray paint on one of my frames and on the other i used primer and engine paint from advance and the engine paint turned out way better

I really like rustoleum. I prefer not to use primer, only use primer if your frame is rusted very badly. And don't forget clear coating it after the paint has cured, you want it to be rock hard and smooth.

The real key is in the prep....

Completely degrease and wash your frame, then get a couple cans of spray on stripper. Once the frame is stripped pressure wash it off and degrease it once more. Let it dry completely before you paint it.

Also remember to use very light coats until a nice uniform layer of paint is formed.

Doing it right takes alot of work but you'll be glad you did. You can turn out some pretty nice work with spray paint, almost as nice as autobody paint ( just not as tuff) It just takes practice and learning from your screw ups.

i painted some go cart frames with this stuff
RUST-OLEUM-Hard-Hat-LSS-_i_LBM56652.jpg

here is the last go-cart, didn't even do any prep work, just painted it. was faded and rusty.
100_2910.jpg

not sure if you guys can tell, but look around the sticker, notice it is white and sh*t, that is where it wasn't painted.

Ok im getting frame sandblasted and he sprays some kinda primer on it so it doesnt start rusting so i should be able to sand a little then it will ready. Rustoleum it is

i know a guy in batavia and does the sand blasting, he did an old tow dolly and put the primer on. it has always stayed outside in the woods, still looks good and it was just rattle cans afterwards.
that is a good route to go.

I took my old frame to a body shop and had them paint it. Couldn't tell you how well it held up i traded the quad 2 weeks after i finished it lol
I'm working on a new one tho

been powercoating everything since 07, works great. i get it done for next to nothing from a amish guy.
Powdercoatings great!

........Until your frame cracks or a mount brakes. Only bike I'd ever PC is a brand new one......

Paint might not be the best or prettiest, but for a daily trail/mx bike thats got some years on it, its all I'd ever use. If I case a jump and crack my frame, no big deal... just strip off the paint in that section, weld it up, then paint the area that you worked on. With PC you have to re do the whole thing and shell out 100-200 dollars again.

Powdercoatings great!

........Until your frame cracks or a mount brakes. Only bike I'd ever PC is a brand new one.......

thats why we full build custom chromally frames or gusset the heck out of the oem ones to stop this from happening. normaly around here PC and blast is $100 for everything mental on the bike. not a bad price.