What is this part and where does it go?

Asthedodo

Sep 3, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm new to posting here and to blasters so I apologize if I break any forum etiquette or ask dumb questions. Ive been rebuilding a blaster that I got really cheap and it was running great, I had ridden it a few times and it was awesome, until one day I was adjusting the idle and it started running away from me. Now it won't start unless I give it throttle, and if I give it any gas at all, it revs all the way up and twice has run away from me, even pulled the plug wire and it still kept going. Anyways afer the first time it ran away i found this part on the ground and I do not know where it goes. Is it possible that this part is what's causing the issue or is it something else? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20180902_200919.jpg
    IMG_20180902_200919.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 132
I really don't recognize that part as being from a Blaste.
Did you have the carb apart while in that location?

Runaway engine is usually caused by an air leak. If you had the engine apart, did you do a leak down test?

FYI, if you have a runaway engine, pull cluch in, shift into gear, hold brake, dump clutch.

I really don't recognize that part as being from a Blaste.
Did you have the carb apart while in that location?

Runaway engine is usually caused by an air leak. If you had the engine apart, did you do a leak down test?

FYI, if you have a runaway engine, pull cluch in, shift into gear, hold brake, dump clutch.

Thanks for the reply! Didn't have anything apart but the place I found it in didn't have any other things around that could've dropped it, but yeah I'm not 100% sure. No I haven't done a leakdown test, that's the next thing I'm going to try. One other thing, the first time it happened it was while I was adjusting the idle. Could that be a clue to anything specific?