What could make the clutch not disengage

jamie duncan

Apr 6, 2015
So I took it riding and while I was riding I notice that the clutch would not disengagewhat could cause this

Last edited:
did you hold the clutch in for a long period while the engine was at high rpm or mph ?
that'll weld the clutch rod inside to the ball bearing that seperates the 2 rods.
time to pull the clutch cover and clutch pack to have a look

So I took it riding and while I was riding I notice that the clutch had stopped disengaging what could cause this

you're confusing us, the thread you created yesterday it was "engage", today it's "disengage" ?
explain whats happening better so we know how to help you

merging both threads into this one, so you can see yesterdays repsonse(s)

Reactions: jus_me
So I took it riding and while I was riding I notice that the clutch would not disengagewhat could cause this
Frayed clutch cable internally, clutch basket and drum badly grooved. File drum and basket replace metal and fiber clutch plates , wash out with brake cleaner blow dry, refill clutch / crankcase with yamalube 4 reassemble and re-adjust

I'm new to the forum can someone help me my clutch cable broke and i ordered a new one but i don't know how to install it the bracket where the cable is help right above the case is loose and i can't figure out how to tighten it