Vito's 240Cc Blaster Big Bore

When I do the leak down test on the engine does it matter if the piston is in the tdc or bdc position.

I did the leak down test today.
Pressured the engine to 7lbs. And it lost 1/2 a lb in 7 minutes.
So I would say that's a successful engine build. Reinstalled the engine back on the blaster and did a heat cycle.

Thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it.

Reactions: Slydog
So I would say that's a successful engine build. Reinstalled the engine back on the blaster and did a heat cycle.

Your getting close. Best to retouqe after heat cycles

I ran the blaster today.
Had to put a smaller pilot jet in the carb. Because I could back the air mixture screw all the way out and it still ran.

The I had to drop the needle pin one notch. To get it to responded right at 1/4 to 3/4 throttle.

Will hopefully do the main jet tomorrow and maybe not going to start a remodel job on my bathroom. Hopefully I can find some time to mess with the blaster.

I ran the blaster today.
Had to put a smaller pilot jet in the carb. Because I could back the air mixture screw all the way out and it still ran.

The I had to drop the needle pin one notch. To get it to responded right at 1/4 to 3/4 throttle.

Will hopefully do the main jet tomorrow and maybe not going to start a remodel job on my bathroom. Hopefully I can find some time to mess with the blaster.
Priorities priorities:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You should consider getting the cylinder ported. The Vito's cylinder, out of the box, is a slouch. A ported stock cylinder will out perform it. Just not the best design. I have a ported Vitos 240 cylinder, rechambered Vito's 240 head, 3mil stroker crank, 35mm PWK Airstriker carb and the Vito's Fat Bastard pipe.