Vito's 240Cc Blaster Big Bore

brian3127

Jun 22, 2019
I ordered this kit for my blaster should be here next week sometime.
I'm just wondering can I use my old reed valve, and exhaust system.

I ordered this kit for my blaster should be here next week sometime.
I'm just wondering can I use my old reed valve, and exhaust system.
What reeds and exhaust do you have now? It may effect performance. It not the stock exhaust i hope

I beleive everything is stock
If it's a vitos big bore kit i dont know how well it would work with the detuned stock exhaust.o would recommend getting an aftermarket exhaust. Vitos fat basterd?Toomey?fmf?

So this is the reason why I'm rebuilding this engine. The needle bearing for the wrist pin broke while running and the cylinder and piston scored bad.
So when I ordered the big bore kit i also ordered new cam bearings and seals.

Then i asked about the exhausts and was told i should upgrade that so i also ordered a fmf fatty pipe.
I will order a silencer late .
I also ordered a tors delete kit.
Should o order anything else.

Then I've read on here that some people remove the lid to the air box. Will I have to do that also

Thanks for your guys help

Unless you encounter a lot of water I would, to let it breathe. Also get a better filter, Uni or Twin Air. Might also consider a bigger carb 30-33, maybe 35mm

So this is the reason why I'm rebuilding this engine. The needle bearing for the wrist pin broke while running and the cylinder and piston scored bad.
So when I ordered the big bore kit i also ordered new cam bearings and seals.

Then i asked about the exhausts and was told i should upgrade that so i also ordered a fmf fatty pipe.
I will order a silencer late .
I also ordered a tors delete kit.
Should o order anything else.

Then I've read on here that some people remove the lid to the air box. Will I have to do that also

Thanks for your guys help
How's the small end of the rod look?if the wristpin needle bearing came apart.you will need to get some bigger main jets for for the carb also

The needle bearing on the cranks is good.
When I bought the 240 kit it came with jets and a needle for the carb

The needle bearing on the cranks is good.
When I bought the 240 kit it came with jets and a needle for the carb
What pipe are you using? As far as I know I’m about the only one that has good luck with the Vito’s needle, but then again I have a Fat Bastard pipe, fully ported stock cylinder, stock carb

What is the difference between the stock needle compared to the one that was sent with the kit. Other than the new one is blue.

What is the difference between the stock needle compared to the one that was sent with the kit. Other than the new one is blue.
The tappers are different.you might not see it but they are. I think it's for if you run their fat basterd pipe. It's a richer needle

I purchased vito's reed valves VR200

When I took it apart all that came off was the curved metal plate and the reed. Times 2

This kit has what looks like to reeds and a flat metal bar. Times 2

Do I put the flat metal bar on instead of the curved on that was on it to begin with. Or do I put both on.

Everytime I try to upload a pic it says the file is to large.
So sorry for the lack of pictures.

I purchased vito's reed valves VR200

When I took it apart all that came off was the curved metal plate and the reed. Times 2

This kit has what looks like to reeds and a flat metal bar. Times 2

Do I put the flat metal bar on instead of the curved on that was on it to begin with. Or do I put both on.

Everytime I try to upload a pic it says the file is to large.
So sorry for the lack of pictures.
You have to resize the pics.get a free app. You can use one or the other.not both. The curved on is a reed Stop. Supposed to be easier on the reeds so they last longer. But the tabs they gave you will work just fine. I've used both. Of them with no noticeable difference in reed life. U can use the little ones and save weight:D. Put blue locktite on the screws. You don't want one to fall out