Vito's 240 Big Bore Kit

S

silvera3

So who is running this? For $500 it really seems like a big bang for the buck, double the horsepower of stock? Is there over-heating problems?

-Spence

Depends

For bolt on power it's worth $500 after a good pipe if you just want to bolt it on and leave it alone. It's no where near twice the HP, so don't 'spect that. I agree with PB, I would go another route. I have had no real issues with mine, but it's also not a standard cyl. Stroking a Vito's isn't worth the effort, it's a real PIA and I'm a little dubius as to whether or not you actually give up more than you gain. Anyway, I'd step up and get a better kit or spend the money on nice Port and Polish work. I would say don't buy a Vito's, it seems you can do better and more in a lot of diff. ways. When you get the Vito's you are stuck with it pretty much as is from then on. It's a nice kit for $500, comes with nedle/jets gaskets, but I think I could of spent my time and money in better ways.

A

yea they are definitely worth the 5 bills your droppin but as pittboss said, there is better out there (if you got a bank roll).

I think i'm fixing to buy a Vitos 240 kit but before it goes on my bike I"m going a head and have it ported by Flowtech to get the most out of it.

I have the vitos +3mm stroker and the big bore on mine now and i havent had any problems but before i got the stroker the crank bearings took half as long to wear out so just go spend the extra 190$ and get the sroker kit it will save you alot of stress

By the time you buy the vitos kit and port it, you can get the la sleeve/ct type cylinder which is a LOT better cylinder.

you do mean by the time you get the vito's, and replace the cast piston they come with. then you're still hugely handicapped in the power department to start with

When do I get to see one of these "Better" kits in action? All I've been seeing is a bunch of talk about how there soooo much better but nothing else

^^^ ill put my vitos kit up against emm when the bike is rebuilt got the cylinder and it was already ported brand new for 500 so i couldnt pass that up... but id be willing to race it I:I

When do I get to see one of these "Better" kits in action? All I've been seeing is a bunch of talk about how there soooo much better but nothing else

im in the process of getting mine done part of the hangup is me doing what i need to do with the cases before sending it to ken the only part im waiting on is my hotrods 4 mm crank and if u come to badlands or haspin to ride your more than welcome to take a spin on it I:I

your more than welcome to take a spin on it I:I

If I make it to a ride, I just might take you up on that offer! What I'd like to see though is a comparison between a vito's kit and one of the other's. If an la sleeve kit can only beat a vito's by 1/2 - 1 1/2 quad lengths or so in a drag race, then I can't justify buying one.

If I make it to a ride, I just might take you up on that offer! What I'd like to see though is a comparison between a vito's kit and one of the other's. If an la sleeve kit can only beat a vito's by 1/2 - 1 1/2 quad lengths or so in a drag race, then I can't justify buying one.

granted a perfectly ported and setup v..vi....vitos...i cant even say the v word anymore lol....can be a potent fast motor

Yes, I would like to see a bone stock no ported LA Sleeve against a Vitos (No port ) in a drag as well. I would like to hear some comments by some engine builders on a comparison as well quality wise.