Vin Number Where is it???

dnoftz

Aug 9, 2011
Fremont OH
I have 3 different frames one is 02 the rest are all 89 - 2000 I can not find vin numbers on any of them. I have looked for a spot where some one would of grind it off if stolen but there is no grind marks ether where can I find it. and if the frame has been painted can I use a sander to show the numbers?

Thanks guys

I have 3 different frames one is 02 the rest are all 89 - 2000 I can not find vin numbers on any of them. I have looked for a spot where some one would of grind it off if stolen but there is no grind marks ether where can I find it. and if the frame has been painted can I use a sander to show the numbers?

Thanks guys

The VIN number on all yamaha blasters is stamped into the frame just ahead of the left foot peg bolts. Just behind where the shifter would sit.

If the frame has been painted over, you'd be better off to use a chemical stripper to remove the paint build up. Any mechanical means would destroy the numbers as well.

Yes As Stated Above Its On The Left Side Of Frame If Your Sitting On It , In Front Of Where The Shifter Would Be , If Your Frames Are Painted , I Would Use Aircraft Grade Paint Stripper And Also Have Some Paint Thinner Close as Well , If You Still Cannot Find The Number's , Then There Probably Not There Anymore !

Hello friends, can you please measure the vin number on the Blasted frame? I mean in hight