VForce 3, should I or shouldn't I

BlasterIan

Sep 29, 2011
Cape Town, South Africa
Ok, well I know theres a few threads about them, but Im a little lazy to look for it :D

I currently have the Boyesen with stock cage.

Today I MAYBE want to get the VForce 3's. Are they worth it over Boyesen?

I wouldnt if it was me. THey just dont seem worth the amount of money compared to other mods.

i won't run anything but vf3's, worth every penny in my book.
have 'em on both my blasty's
they are even stock on most ktm's and a lot of sleds, if those manufactuers thought they could build a better reed cage for cheaper, they would have

i won't run anything but vf3's, worth every penny in my book.
have 'em on both my blasty's
they are even stock on most ktm's and a lot of sleds, if those manufactuers thought they could build a better reed cage for cheaper, they would have

I have to second this ... yes your bike will run without em just fine and their are other mods you could spend money on but no one mod can improve your throttle response to the amount they can for the price

How much is that because i took R1650 and divided by the exchange rate of $7.62 and got $222 american?????????if so 200+ for vforce3 is out rageous unless there a steal already????

I have to go against the grain here guys, I do NOT think Vforce3 reeds are worth the money. You're talking about $140 USD for a set of reeds which, are argueably, more restrictive than a stock reed cage. Their claim to fame is that they "open faster" but I wouldn't trade the money for it.... hell $140 is most of the way to a good port job and I GUARANTEE a port job is going to give you WAYYYYYYYYYY more throttle "response" than a replacement reed block.

Either save your money and stick with the boyesen reeds, or save up your pennies and get a set of CR125 reeds and have them fit into your cylinder....

and i'm gonna go against that,
8 petals versus the stock 4, flows better everyday, how is that restrictive

of course professional porting is where it's at, but this thread isnt about that

and sure the cr reeds may flow slightly better, possibly more than our cylinders require, more than likely more than the correct carb will flow, and may only prove better for only the most serious built motors with 36mm+ carbs
but at what cost to have someone HOG out your cylinder, possibly adding material after blowing thru the sides, and then possible sealing problems

so find used cr reeds $, new petals if your smart $, then pay someone for custom intake porting work $, plus shipping your cylinder both ways $, plus new top end gaskets for reassembly $
how does that add up against $140 slap 'em in and ride vf3's
it doesnt !!!

for the everyday trail rider, with mild to modest mods and carb sizes
the vf3's are the way to go

and i'm gonna go against that,
8 petals versus the stock 4, flows better everyday, how is that restrictive

of course professional porting is where it's at, but this thread isnt about that

and sure the cr reeds may flow slightly better, possibly more than our cylinders require, and may only prove better for only the most serious built motors
but at what cost to have someone HOG out your cylinder, possibly adding material after blowing thru the sides, and then possible sealing problems

so find used cr reeds $, new petals if your smart $, then pay someone for custom intake porting work $, plus shipping your cylinder both ways $, plus new top end gaskets for reassembly $
how does that add up against $140 slap 'em in and ride vf3's
it doesnt !!!

for the everyday trail rider, with mild to modest mods and carb sizes
the vf3's are the way to go

It's the caging system that's restrictive, injection molded plastic not only to act as the reed cage but also the assembly to hold the pedals in. It's like saying which is better, 1 carburetor feeding an engine or 2 carburetors feeding the same engine? Does more pedals make it automatically better? I don't believe so.

The problem with believing that 8 pedals is better is the fact that larger (read: wider cage so "bigger" width wise) pedals don't have to open as much to allow the same amount of flow at a given pressure drop. At some point, the cost benefit begins to fight you to add more pedals to get them to "open faster" and I believe going to 8 pedals in a "W" configuration is probably it.

I blew through the side putting the CR reeds into my vito's BBK and it is NOTTTTTTTTT for the faint of heart but I can tell you, a $25 reed cage off Ebay is the best reed upgrade you can do even next to the almighty VF3's.

This thread is about asking whether he should drop the coin on a set of VF3's or stick with the boyesen reeds he already has. I vote stick with the boyesen's or REALLY upgrade to the largest reed block that can be fit inside a stock intake window.

my suggestion would be to use the money differently. i would get it ported and the head modified. that is a way bigger bang for you buck! after that, get some v force reeds. they are the best.

they are the best.

No, the best? Really? Maybe I should pull my CR's out and put some VF3's in.... :p :p

Seriously, spend your money elsewhere first. The reed choice doesn't affect total power output nearly as much as everyone else led to believe. The only thing people can claim about any particular brand of stock blaster reed (stock, boyesen, dual stage, or VF3's) is that they give them quicker "throttle response" not more power.

Probably the best bang for your buck would be to find a shop around that will stick your blaster head in a lathe and get it redesigned. You can safely increase compression, decrease detonation, and increase power output. That's something reeds cannot claim.

Ok, guys calm down :D

Thanks for all the opinions, I am going to Port etc, just got to find the right guy in South Africa to do it, (IM NOT GONNA DO IT MYSELF!)

Im not worried about the money, Ill do the reeds and porting, I just wanted to find out opinions on the two brands, The VF3 just look intense and if they are gonna be similar in performance or possibly better than the Boyesen, then VF3 is the way Im gonna go.

I was thinking the other day, I dont think Id sell my Blaster and use the "hop up parts money to go get a YFZ 450. Reason being, if a Blaster breaks, its easy as hell to fix and super cheap compair to a 4 stroke YFZ 450.

So, Im gonna spend the bucks and get this baby PIMPED!

I will defiantly be getting the VF3's and porting asap.

Thanks!!!! :D

i really don't see the need to buy vf3's either. it's not that they're better or worse than others, but to heck with spending that much for them. my boyesen dual stage works just fine.