User Reputation - Update

What is with some people who think that everything they do deserves rep points?

I am seeing a trend of people saying "give me rep points for that".

Shouldnt rep points be insolicited?? I try really hard to help whoever, and if they choose to give rep points then fine, if not then so-be-it.

The closest thing I have come to solicitng rep points was to inquire how it works, and a person decided to drop me a point to help get me started.

I do not think rep points should be given just because someone requests them they should be given on merit, and based on someone thinking you deserve them...

What I am saying is if you have to ask for rep points for things you do you are doing it for the wrong reason, and you probably do not deserve the points unless the person you have helped feels you do.

Having to ask for rep points is like striving for attention. Do you really want to be the person NEEDING to be popular on the internet??? If so, maybe you need to get outside more... You are basing your popularity with a group of people who more than likely do not know/care who you really are.

Reactions: blasterfan84
What is with some people who think that everything they do deserves rep points?

I am seeing a trend of people saying "give me rep points for that".

Shouldnt rep points be insolicited?? I try really hard to help whoever, and if they choose to give rep points then fine, if not then so-be-it.

The closest thing I have come to solicitng rep points was to inquire how it works, and a person decided to drop me a point to help get me started.

I do not think rep points should be given just because someone requests them they should be given on merit, and based on someone thinking you deserve them...

What I am saying is if you have to ask for rep points for things you do you are doing it for the wrong reason, and you probably do not deserve the points unless the person you have helped feels you do.

Having to ask for rep points is like striving for attention. Do you really want to be the person NEEDING to be popular on the internet??? If so, maybe you need to get outside more... You are basing your popularity with a group of people who more than likely do not know/care who you really are.

well said tim when people ask me for rep im like uhhh nah!! i give only if they have helped me with something worth giving a point for...enough said

ive jokingly asked for rep points before but said at the time it was a joke. all mine came from becoming a member. personally think the admins or whoever should go through and award the rep points

you multiply your rep by 3.14, then you square that #, subtract 6, add 5....then divide the square root of the # you squared, add 1 and that equals a cold beer and forget about it

Seems pretty silly to me. I've been on a ton of forums, and this is the first one with "Rep Points". I really don't see the reason for it. Maybe that's because I am new and have no rep yet. Maybe when I have mad rep points, then I will embrace it, and make fun of noobs with no rep. :-D