upper a arm ball joint removal?

ryguy21s22

Feb 11, 2014
michigan
simply need to know if the upper a arm ball joint is replaceable, seems to be either pressed in or welded. if replaceable any tricks to get it out? i assume the lower a arm is the same way. thanks for any input.

As far as I am aware, you must buy new arms when they are worn out... and they are not too cheap where I am from.

When mine is shot, I will be modding it for replacable joints and adjustable!!! Whether I go the custom fab from scratch or mod the old arms, im not sure yet, but a bit thicker material and extra bracing never hurt anyone.

ballz! well i need to post sum pics but i got a frame that has different then stock a arms, i personally think they are off of a 300ex or 400ex ill post pics soon, but it also has the spindles, hubs, tie rods, complete front hydro brakes....but the guy had to weld a bracket for the upper a arm and put a few washers as spacers for the lower part of the a arm ill post pics soon....think i should just do the same as that frame; weld a bracket? or perhaps is that boot replaceable? thats whats wrong with mine the upper a arm boot is ripped.

Rubber dust boots wont fix a worn out ball joint and if you have some frankenstein front end welded on we need pics to help you. All ball joints are different and you may need to ditch the whole set up, i have 3 dif stock setups in great shape if needed as well as 2 great frames. But please add pics of this rigged front end so we can help you.

?? Hes saying the ball joint is bad aka the metal socket and ball in the socket are sloppy from ware, if so than no need to replace the rubber dust cover that stops sand and water from getting in the socket. Never said anything else about clips or popping off rubber boot herp. Thanks for the insight tho. Ryguy21, just so you know... When you get new a arms with new ball joints, if you ever want to replace the rubber ball joint boots if they get torn open, theirs little clips so you can pop them off.

i think the ball joints are find just needs a new boot any input on where to find some would be great the only thing i could find was 4 of them for $40 :/ i found sum others that looked like i could even replace the tie rod boots as well for only 17 but once i clicked on them and scrolled down on the info it had listings of vehicles...??? so not sure if they would work or not.

WOW! What a nightmare of ni**** riggin. Def not blaster front spindles, or rear brake. Looks like home made swingarms but also look like the right size ball joints to that of blaster size. If they are banshee spindles whuch im not sure on, than you HAVE TO switch your ball joints to banshee so the joint fit the spindles or put blaster spindles back on. You pull that thing from bottom of the ocean? May want to def think about flushing your brake fluids, pads, and check that pistons move freely. Once all thats taken care of your braking should be much improved

yea the closer i looked at stuff when i got it all home its a nightmare but there still is some salvageable things one frame has a chassis skid that thats nice, but i really would like to find sum ball joint boots for my blaster that arent $40 for 4...any input? where to find? any cheaper?

Well see thats the thing, you CANT use ur ball joints AT ALL if your gonna run those over sized spindles, so forget the dust boot. Unless you change the spindles back to the smaller blaster. Your spindles holes are huge causing the ball joint to not act like a ball joint. Picture your town slut after a drunken night. Or a hot dog in a hallway. Ur saftey and ur whole bike crumbeling is my main concern, few bucks is cheaper than a other blaster. I have a great condition stock full front end allready mounted to spidles, 6 bolts and your on, id sell whole set up for $60, only thing is its drum but youd be safe, ready togo, fresh

Or check on ebay for new whole set of banshee ball joints, 2 uppers, 2 lowers, 2 tie rods. If you still want a dust boot ill look when im home im pretty sure i have a few in my closet.

at the current moment im just going to buy new front brake cables and keep everything stock in the front till i save some money for the oconner spindles, which if im keeping the front stock i need a boot for my upper a arm ball joint because it is ripped. i would like to just replace them all but the one is fine for now.