Uni pod setup

Welcome to Uni Filter.com is where you can see the universal fit pod filters and
Sudco International - Modern and Vintage Replacment and Performance parts for Street Bikes, Dirt Bikes, ATVs and Personal Watercraft, Used Classic Bikes. is where you can get the exact dimensions of your carb .
Here's a pic of my banshee set up
a4d288a4.jpg

most who have tried directly onto the carb, like pictured above, have had jetting nightmares, a 4-6" extension of 2" pvc helps strighten the air out before it hits the carb/jets

like these.............

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-...mp-filter-velocity-stack-balancer-tube-40139/

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-mods-swaps-129/custom-blaster-intake-28mm-30mm-carbs-21428/

here is what i have 5" long trenga racing tube and a uni pod

rrm7w4.jpg

heres a good place to get tubes and adapters...........

reducing fittings
Intake Pipe Reducer

aluminum tubing
Aluminum Pipes

my 2¢ unless your running the street or sand, i'd use an air box. One puddle could destroy your motor.

I was thinking tht too... What if i angled it under the seat into the airbox with the straight tubing.... Any diff over just usin the airbox?? Or i was thinking of building a little cage right around the filter?? Any ideas .. I dont really want to mount it to the airbox... I wont be going in mud or puddles just loose dirt...kinda dust..,

eh, i run the pod with about 3" of tubing. does just fine and the jetting isn't screwy at all.

my 2¢ unless your running the street or sand, i'd use an air box. One puddle could destroy your motor.

You'd have to damn near submerge your uni for water to get sucked through it . Especially because it's oiled and if you are running an outerwears .
I did run a velocity stack on my blaster intake with my pod filter , but the example I showed you the 2-1 intake for the banshee is the velocity stack in that scenario .This was my blaster set up , it shows the velocity stack and the rubber coupling .
f1bffb54.jpg

I am going to use a pod for racing and I have a good extension on it. I am mounting some sheet metal under it to shield it from dirt from the wheels

eh, i run the pod with about 3" of tubing. does just fine and the jetting isn't screwy at all.

You'd have to damn near submerge your uni for water to get sucked through it . Especially because it's oiled and if you are running an outerwears .
I did run a velocity stack on my blaster intake with my pod filter , but the example I showed you the 2-1 intake for the banshee is the velocity stack in that scenario .This was my blaster set up , it shows the velocity stack and the rubber coupling .
f1bffb54.jpg

You guys ever clean your uni, and see how easy water flows through I wouldn't risk it. If your dragging or running the street and looking to shave every ounce, I'd say do it, For trail riding, I say go airbox.

Also I had a outerwares, the do not keep every drop out, they are water resistant not water proof unfortunately. If they would make a gortex boot for our filter then it would be water proof.

Run a pod filter set up like we showed you with a outerwears pre-filter and you will be happy with that . Properly oil the UNI and with the water repellant outerwears you can safely splash through the occasional puddle or stream with confidence .

Run a pod filter set up like we showed you with a outerwears pre-filter and you will be happy with that . Properly oil the UNI and with the water repellant outerwears you can safely splash through the occasional puddle or stream with confidence .

Thats the plan... Just got to get a cable adjuster for my carb and then ill try n do the finishing tweaks to my build

i run in every condition with a uni clamp on 4" x 6" and a k&n outerwears and it keeps it all out during normal riding. but if you like water crossing you need an airbox. no matter what you run if the filter gets submerged your gonna flood out.