traded the Blaster

BLASTER 02

Sep 19, 2011
long island, ny
traded the blaster for this 2003 RM 85 in immaculate condition.....the only thing is when you put it in gear you have to keep giving it gas or it will stall...anybody know what this could be?

ill still be around for some 2-stroke info!!!

2938s60.jpg

its not a big deal cause these smaller bore bikes require alot of clutching.... so it is a high wear part, a really good investment is a quick adjust on the fly clutch perch...

my KX 125 did the same thing I would put it in any gear and it would stall out except in neutral. and I never found out what was wrong but when I had it apart the cluch drum was all groved up to hell. But would shift fine except it felt under powered even though it had everything short of porting or am reeds though. To be honest I would have held out for a 125 2 stroke between 1999-2002. IMHO 85's are 2 short and quick for their own good if you happen to be on the bigger side of things like I am. So I found a 125 a very nice middle ground. It does look very nice and clean on the outside though :)

Thanks guys well im like 115lbs 5' 6

Bikes perfect for me...... Yea it stalls and jumps a litlle without gas given....when going it shifts smooth with the clutch....im going to have to look into it....

Thanks guys well im like 115lbs 5' 6

Bikes perfect for me...... Yea it stalls and jumps a litlle without gas given....when going it shifts smooth with the clutch....im going to have to look into it....

you should because it's not supposed to happen. I'll bet ya the old owner liked to dump the clutch cause thats the only way I could get mine to start from N-1st. like I was letting the clutch creap normaly but yea If you do let me or yzrider know and we can help if ya want still a cool find:)