Tors problems??

Fraser4736

May 20, 2020
New guy to the blaster, bought a 1999 200 for my son. It’s in very good shape but we are having some issues with the way it runs. Starts very good but dies at an idle when you lightly press the throttle. There’s also nothing smooth about the rpm’s they are all over the place. So this led me to remove the tors system, I removed the chip and followed instructions from YouTube. I didn’t replace the cable or remove the unit from on top of the carb. I only unplugged connections made no actual cuts in the wiring. Took it for a ride all seemed good until I got back to the shop. Pulled in, shifted into neutral and bam the rpms go to a million. Turn off the key.. nothing, flick the run switch to off.. nothing. This thing is wide open and I can’t stop it. Just as I go for the fuel shut off it dies. So as I’m nervous to put my kid back on I hooked the system back up. No issues since except it runs like crap just like before. Can anybody shed some light on this and give me some thought or what we need to do next?

Reactions: Awk08
New guy to the blaster, bought a 1999 200 for my son. It’s in very good shape but we are having some issues with the way it runs. Starts very good but dies at an idle when you lightly press the throttle. There’s also nothing smooth about the rpm’s they are all over the place. So this led me to remove the tors system, I removed the chip and followed instructions from YouTube. I didn’t replace the cable or remove the unit from on top of the carb. I only unplugged connections made no actual cuts in the wiring. Took it for a ride all seemed good until I got back to the shop. Pulled in, shifted into neutral and bam the rpms go to a million. Turn off the key.. nothing, flick the run switch to off.. nothing. This thing is wide open and I can’t stop it. Just as I go for the fuel shut off it dies. So as I’m nervous to put my kid back on I hooked the system back up. No issues since except it runs like crap just like before. Can anybody shed some light on this and give me some thought or what we need to do next?
The motor stayed running because You have an air leak. It creates extremely high cylinder temperatures. Yous plug was so hot it was igniting the fuel.You need to do a leakdown test on it before you run it again.and fix leaks. Hopefully no damage occurred. Air leaks create a lean mixture which can fry a topend and crank bearings quickly look up leakdown test on the forum

Reactions: Awk08 and DKavcak
You should also give it a compression test too. You weren't running out of fuel were you.? They have been known to do as you described. Also.not real common but it has happened

Reactions: Awk08