TORS on a blaster

Cnrcpla

Aug 16, 2010
I have a 2002 blaster, just rebuilt the top and bottom end and finished break in. Been riding absolutely perfectly. Loaded it into my truck (no ramps, lifted front than rear) and unloaded the same way. Anyways I went to go ride it and the throttle was jammed, so I popped the top cover and grabbed the cable and it broke free. Started it up and it revved to the moon. I’m thinking a screwed up the TORS system by doing this. Can the TORS cause this problem? I don’t think it’s an air leak out of the blue like this.

Could be inside the TORS box on top of the carb, or the cable itself has frayed and sticking inside the housing.
disconnect the cable at both ends and see if it moves freely, if so move on to look inside the TORS box, which is best to just order a regular cap/idle screw kit and ditch all that TORS crap.

Could be inside the TORS box on top of the carb, or the cable itself has frayed and sticking inside the housing.
disconnect the cable at both ends and see if it moves freely, if so move on to look inside the TORS box, which is best to just order a regular cap/idle screw kit and ditch all that TORS crap.
I watch this forums tutorial on deleting the TORS. I will be disconnecting everything that that and going from there. The ONLY possible air leak I could find would be my DIY oil line delete on the carb, and I dealt with that more appropriately. The throttle cables moves free, I took the slide out of the carb, reinstalled the gas tank to check for pinch points and it moves freely without issue.

Reactions: Awk08