Tors kit install/ 2 idle screws

moefie35

Jun 22, 2017
Long story short I put on tors eliminator kit. Couldn’t get to idle had to hold throttle to keep idled..so I just put my tors back on just to see will it stay idled .it did just couldn’t adjust idle any ideas on what it might be now I have 2 idle screws tried to adjust both but no luck on idle any suggestions on which I need to figure out to get working..starts up first few kicks no issues just can’t get her to idle ..it’s idling great now just seems like a low idle needs up just a lil more I think

Got it to idle with kit installed without brick think I need to file just a tad bit more to make sure its flat all the way now gotta figure out when I open it up fill throttle it kinda bogs down until I slow down a little then I can keep riding do I need to turn throttle screw on top of carb a little more out i have it a few turns out where it has a little slack before it rev

Reactions: Slydog
Sounds like you need to address your jetting next. Now that you have your idle fixed(good job)
What jets and pipe are you running now?
List all mods. Air box lid removed?
So. The guys can get an idea of where you need to go with the jetting

Reactions: moefie35
Sounds like you need to address your jetting next. Now that you have your idle fixed(good job)
Not to good with the names of stuff still learning but I have the big pipe and a small muffler guy said it was bored to 300 but I know thats a lie lol haven't went and checked piston size carb jet size said 240 on top and I have my needle on 3rd notch and I'm using the oil mixture on side seems to be working fine so I didn't block off I have air box with clean filter with lid still on..said he got some kind of good clutch kit it changes out gears great..think I'm gonna have to change piston sounds like I have acpiston slap can't hear it when riding but I can at idle I know It can be a little ticking but it sounds like something hitting something just don't have that clear idle sound

here's a video on how it sounds

No possible way to make a300
It's probably either1mm over or .100" over

As to installing idle screw you have to file that boss enough. If you don't you have to take it apart and do it more, ask me how I know this :rolleyes:
Be sure to disable TORS brain

No possible way to make a300
It's probably either1mm over or .100" over

As to installing idle screw you have to file that boss enough. If you don't you have to take it apart and do it more, ask me how I know this :rolleyes:
Be sure to disable TORS brain
Yea I kinda figured that lol I heard that a few times with old blasters I had..until I did research n seen they just say that to get a sale lol

If you think it's piston slap? You need to investigate soon. Cast pistons break the skirts off and can case major damage to case's

If you think it's piston slap? You need to investigate soon. Cast pistons break the skirts off and can case major damage to case's
Ok thanks for info i just been riding around like crazy on it..runs great just that ticking sound glad I know now gonna park her for a while n fix..guess I'll ride my 300 till I fix blaster

Cheap to check. Couple gaskets.
Pop head and see if piston rocks front to back in bore. But it really should be measured. Can pip off cylinder and piston and do a rough measure with piston in bore and slide feeler gauge between cylinder and piston skirt in a few places on cylinder

Or machine shop can measure it for you.just take piston and cylinder.
Just cost acouple gaskets.
And you know where you stand health wise
On the piston.
Compression test before disassembly if possible