tors idle adjustment problems

Andrew

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan
I have a 2003 blaster and i just got a new tors eliminator kit for it. I put it in and hooked everything up but I don't know how to adjust the idle. I know you have to mess with the screw but it wasn't doing anything. so i wasn't sure if you have to re-jet the carb. Any help would be great!

did you buy the tors kit that doesn't include the idle screw ??
if your kit included a new idle screw ? did you file that area flat before drilling and tapping the threads ? if not the idle screw won't go in far enuf to lift the slide and adjust idle.

or you were fooling with the airscrew ?
that needs returned to 1.5 turns out, or the turns that achieve highest idle, it is not an idle screw.

there's a sticky in the carb section for adjusting the airscrew/pilot circut

this is a proper tors eliminator kit, with idle screw and drill/tap needed to install it...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TORS-Elimin...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c25b0a6e&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I have drilled, filed and tapped the carb and put in the screw. it just isn't doing anything when i try to adjust the idle

Yes, I have drilled and tapped the carb and put in the screw. it just isn't doing anything when i try to adjust the idle

pull the carb to see if it's raising the slide, if not, file that boss down further until it does

Case halves, crankshaft seals, gaskets and carby boot.

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Leakdown tester is needed to test. A leak could be anywhere. Reed, base, head gasket, crank seals, case mateing surface, broken case, even porus casting.

Have you looked into carb to be sure throttle slide stop screw you installed is actually touching the slide? If filed enough on carb, they are almost all the way in, if carb isn't filed enough the screw isnt long enough to touch slide.