Torque on head bolts?

good luck and when you have a chance start a thread in the introduction forum introducing yourself and some pics of your blasty.Welcome to the site.

Not trying to be or sound like a dick but this is all in the manual id suggest you get one asap!I bought burnt copy off ebay for lierally like 3 dollars hell I think shipping was like 5 so for 8 bucks you can get one and they're Absolutely a must.

:eek:
you can also download one for free http://www.rydindirty.com/blastermanual.pdf however some things can be unclear to some people in the manual. but thanks for not helping this perticular topic!

Oh I'm sorry Guy should I have offered to go torque it for him instead?

In my opinion if you can't understand the manual fine ask then atleast you're making an attempt.but how the hell you going to work on your quad or learn to if you don't have a manual?

Next time don't be a smart ass!btw I'm curious what's hard to understand about torque specs?unless he's blind,retarded,or doesn't have a manual there shouldn't be much to "understand" about defined clear black and white torque specs.that hard for you to understand?

:eek:

Oh I'm sorry Guy should I have offered to go torque it for him instead?

In my opinion if you can't understand the manual fine ask then atleast you're making an attempt.but how the hell you going to work on your quad or learn to if you don't have a manual?

Next time don't be a smart ass!btw I'm curious what's hard to understand about torque specs?unless he's blind,retarded,or doesn't have a manual there shouldn't be much to "understand" about defined clear black and white torque specs.that hard for you to understand?

Some people cant wait for somthing to be shiped and thats way the come here to see it so they can go ride and have fun!I:I

I dont have a manuel, thats what this site is for. People sharing the fun and wisdom so we can keep having fun.

you have a manual now, for free :)
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...ervice-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

but it's still good to ask any questions or get second opinions on here.
Thanks buddy, im pretty new to the forum. Iv only had my blaster a month or so. Everybody has been really nice and helpful. Blew a head gasket a couple days ago. It had a namura piston put in right before i got it and he didnt torq the bolts down good enough. Tore it all down last night and im having the cylinder honed because i can tell its not even and getting it ported by GP Performance here in nashville, tn.

Attachments

• IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 921
  • IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 609
How do you guys get your torque wrench on the base nuts and the head nuts? I haven’t been able to get mine in there no matter which way I try. Especially the lower bolts, I can’t even use a socket on those 4, only a wrench. Am I missing something obvious to everyone else?

I rebuilt my blaster top end and ported it but literally just went by feel on the jug bolts. Kinda makes me nervous and I’ve never done a leak down test. Compression is still good though.

How do you guys get your torque wrench on the base nuts and the head nuts? I haven’t been able to get mine in there no matter which way I try. Especially the lower bolts, I can’t even use a socket on those 4, only a wrench. Am I missing something obvious to everyone else?

I rebuilt my blaster top end and ported it but literally just went by feel on the jug bolts. Kinda makes me nervous and I’ve never done a leak down test. Compression is still good though.
20200803_211640_copy_1040x780.jpg

Something like this. Or crows foot. Wrench. Usually they are about 2 inches.
So there is a formula to compansate for the extended length.
Cylinder Base nut tourqe is 18ftlbs normally.
But with the extended crows foot it ends up 16ftlbs i think. You would have to look up the tourqe conversion for the proper tourqe according to the tool length