Top end

If your sure it's between head ad cylinder. Then a new gasket would be needed.head nuts loose? They only tourqe to like 18 or 20 ftlbs.
If the leak is towards the front could be exhaust

If your sure it's between head ad cylinder. Then a new gasket would be needed.head nuts loose? They only tourqe to like 18 or 20 ftlbs.
If the leak is towards the front could be exhaust

Uploaded a pic head gasket .. gasket was leaking a little when reving bike up .. starts first kick it idle well sounds good don’t think got loss of power go through gears nice should I try to replace the gasket or do you think top end needs rebuild how do i go about seeing knowing this

Attachments

• 360F640A-62A7-4167-ACCE-A0158FBAB654.jpeg
    360F640A-62A7-4167-ACCE-A0158FBAB654.jpeg
    323.3 KB · Views: 134
Uploaded a pic head gasket .. gasket was leaking a little when reving bike up .. starts first kick it idle well sounds good don’t think got loss of power go through gears nice should I try to replace the gasket or do you think top end needs rebuild how do i go about seeing knowing this

the guy I bought it from said he rebuild it put a 240 Wiseco in it not sure about that

the guy I bought it from said he rebuild it put a 240 Wiseco in it not sure about that
If it runs good and starts right up. Check tourqe on head. If it was just rebuilt maybe you can retouqe and be good.
If not change the gasket.
Just clean engine and under fuel tank good
Before removing head. You don't want sand and debris fall in the engine
It doesn't take long to change head gasket

If it runs good and starts right up. Check tourqe on head. If it was just rebuilt maybe you can retouqe and be good.
If not change the gasket.
Just clean engine and under fuel tank good
Before removing head. You don't want sand and debris fall in the engine
It doesn't take long to change head gasket

Okay thanks when I take top end off how can I tell if the guy really bore it what are the key things to look for ?

Okay thanks when I take top end off how can I tell if the guy really bore it what are the key things to look for ?

There should be the piston size stamped in the top of the piston 66.00. Is the standard size. It can go up to 68.00
Visually check cylinder wall for scoring.
When tourqeing head. I generally do 2 tourqes. On these heads. 1rst at 10ftlbs in the proper sequence then the final at 18 or 20 ftlbs. Look it up to confirm final tourqe.