Top end kit's

Zach Desoto

Apr 30, 2020
I just do not know what top end kit to get people, I know wiseco is good but spendy. The piston skirt broke and has been sitting for 10 years, since I have time I am tearin into it. So piston skirt broke off, gunna try to flush bottom end cause I do not trust myself splitting the cases, need from piston up, want a decent kit. Been looking too much and cannot decide.

I just do not know what top end kit to get people, I know wiseco is good but spendy. The piston skirt broke and has been sitting for 10 years, since I have time I am tearin into it. So piston skirt broke off, gunna try to flush bottom end cause I do not trust myself splitting the cases, need from piston up, want a decent kit. Been looking too much and cannot decide.
Do you need a jug as well? Are the cylinder walls scored from the skirt breaking?

Reactions: Zach Desoto
How do you know you need a jug? Do you know what the bore is now? It can be bored to 68mm, 2mm over. Unless it’s broke or severely gouged it’s probably salvageable.

The satisfaction/success rate of the cheap Chiwanese cylinders are only about 50%

Reactions: Zach Desoto
How do you know you need a jug? Do you know what the bore is now? It can be bored to 68mm, 2mm over. Unless it’s broke or severely gouged it’s probably salvageable.

The satisfaction/success rate of the cheap Chiwanese cylinders are only about 50%

I just do not know what top end kit to get people, I know wiseco is good but spendy. The piston skirt broke and has been sitting for 10 years, since I have time I am tearin into it. So piston skirt broke off, gunna try to flush bottom end cause I do not trust myself splitting the cases, need from piston up, want a decent kit. Been looking too much and cannot decide.[/QUOTE you need to get all those pieces out. What size piston is in it now?
Number is ussualy on top of piston. Cylinder will need to be bored. Weisco is a forged piston and the skirts do not break off like a cast piston. The skirts ussualy break because of excessive clearance. (Lack of maintenance) a quality cast piston is ok also. Machine shop can order your parts
When they measure cylinder to see what size piston you need. Do not put a new piston in a wore out bore

It does not say on top of piston, I will take it to a machine shop and see if they can salvage the jug. I cant find any pieces of the skirt, could it have all ground up ? Is taking the cases apart real tough ?

It does not say on top of piston, I will take it to a machine shop and see if they can salvage the jug. I cant find any pieces of the skirt, could it have all ground up ? Is taking the cases apart real tough ?
The jug can be bored multiple times. Up to 68 or 69mm i think someone makes a 69mm piston?

It’s actually really simple! A few special tools (some you can make) and a repair manual. Either PDF on this forum or buy a Clymers repair manual. Best $30 you’ll ever spend !! Nice clear pictures and step by step instructions.

X2 on manual. That's solid advice. I have one for every bike i own. Has all specs at your fingertips

It’s actually really simple! A few special tools (some you can make) and a repair manual. Either PDF on this forum or buy a Clymers repair manual. Best $30 you’ll ever spend !! Nice clear pictures and step by step instructions.
I dont know the specific year does that matter for the.manual, also am taking the oil injection pump out now and seems like a good time to keep goin

I dont know the specific year does that matter for the.manual, also am taking the oil injection pump out now and seems like a good time to keep goin
There was really no change in the blaster till 03 . then some electrical and plastics and hydraulic brakes. Changes were made. Which is in the manual. Clymers covers all years. Your vin# is on the frame tube right below you shifter. I think 10th digit is year? Look up vin decoder on forum